“Incredible dinner, with amazing service”
Review of Apsleys - CLOSED

Apsleys
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: Opened in September 2009, Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is the first restaurant outside Italy created by internationally renowned chef, Heinz Beck, holder of three Michelin stars at La Pergola in Rome. Heinz Beck soon earned the restaurant its own Michelin Star, when in February 2010 it became the fastest London establishment to be bestowed with the award and maintained this award onwards. Apsleys? stunning Venetian-style dining room, with its glass roof and plush upholstery, is one of the most beautiful spaces for dining in London, an elegant setting for any occasion. Overseen by Beck and run by Executive Chef Heros De Agostinis, who used to work with Heinz Beck in Rome. Beck has created a menu that focuses on lighter Mediterranean-inspired dishes and is concerned with keeping dishes healthy and as approachable as they are exciting. Signature dishes include the magnificent Carbonara Fagotelli of melt-in-the-mouth pasta parcels. At lunchtime, Apsleys' 'Menu del Giorno' is a popular choice, while Beck's seven course tasting menu is ideal for celebratory dinners. The wine list has enormous depth and includes some of the rarest vintages in the world. Apsleys, a Heinz Beck Restaurant is located on the ground floor of The Lanesborough in the heart of Knightsbridge, the restaurant has two semi-private dining rooms available for larger parties.
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We dined here as part of my husbands 50th birthday weekend in London, with the other dinner being at Le Gavroche.
The restaurant is wonderfully light and spacious, with a feeling of grandeur befitting for a 50th birthday.
We had a lovely table up on the elevated section which runs around the edge of the restaurant so we overlooked the main floor.
Being a Sunday night the restaurant was fairly quiet, but we had simply the best service from staff, who were friendly, polite and answered every question we had about how the menu was put together and who has the final say over what wines went with food. They all were full of such enthusiasm and really seemed to enjoy talking to us about the food and wine.
The sommelier was very passionate about his job and the wines that were served with each course, and we had some great conversations about the varieties of wines he was serving. He was a real highlight to have for the evening.
We had the 7-course taster menu with matching wines and they were all superb.
We were very surprised that on this particular evening to learn that Heinz Beck was in the kitchen! The sommelier said he might come out later on in the evening, and sure enough he came round every table greeting every guest.
When he came to us it was just in time for one of our courses, so he introduced and explained the course to us. The great man himself explaining his own dish to us, just incredible. He is a lovely polite man, and when my husband explained that it was his birthday Heinz even wished him a happy birthday. Later on a dessert plate came out with a candle and happy birthday iced on it.
It was a superb evening, with wonderful food and wines and superb service from the staff.
A truly special birthday dinner.

1  Thank grubs-and-tubs
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Happy 50Th Birthday!! I am very glad you have chosen Apsleys to celebrate this special occasion and even more glad that you have had a superb time. I will make sure to pass on your lovely comments to our sommelier and the rest of the team. And I definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Alexandre Caujolle
F&B Director

Reviewed 24 June 2012

The food is awesome, as my mum said " this foie gras is the best I ever tasted, and I've tasted a lot!" (I can vouch for that, she has tasted it in a lot of Michelin starred restaurants) and the staff super helpful. Even though the restaurant has 2 Michelin stars they still allow babies in prams for lunch, which is great. However, the hotel, The Lanesborough which the restaurant is in is a disaster! There are no changing facilities for babies and nowhere to feed them (bottles not a problem obviously). Also the hotel staff in the bar is rude and impolite!

Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding the “Foie gras” and your overall experience in Apsleys. I will make sure to pass on your very nice comments to the Chef. On the other hand I am sorry and disappointed to read that you have felt this way regarding our changing facilities and your experience in the Bar. I look forward to welcoming you back in Apsleys. On the other hand, would you please contact me to further discuss the second matter upon your convinience?

Kind regards,
Alexandre Caujolle
F&B Director
+44(0)20 7259 5599

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have eaten twice at Apsleys. Once for lunch. Once for dinner. Both experiences were absolutely sublime, although the lunch was MUCH MUCH cheaper!!!! Service was incredible and the staff could not be more helpful. The Sommelier on both occasions was very helpful and recommended lovely affordable wine. Food was simply excellent. With the complimentary amuse bouche, petit fours etc, incredible bread, etc, you feel like you've had a 7 course meal! Special place, special meals! Go there.

1  Thank Magor
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This is probably one of my favourite restaurants for breakfast in London if not the world. Impeccable but unhurried service, first class food and exquisite decor make this restaurant truly excellent

1  Thank Theenglishtraveller
LanesboroughTeam, Manager at Apsleys, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your short and sweet review. I am very happy to know that you enjoy our service along side our food and atmosphere. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Alexander Caujolle
Food and Beverage Director

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Both the Italian-inspired food and the room in which it was served were refined, masterfully crafted and of really high quality.

The £25/£35 2/3 course lunch (with water and coffee included!) deal really is a snip and arguably the best (deal) I have had in this part of London.

Staff were attentive but never intrusive, just as it should be in an establishment of this calibre. Only slight blemish of the otherwise flawless service was our wine glasses were topped up a tad too frequently. However, I hasten to add that they did not, thankfully, ask that dreaded (and dreadful) question 'would you care for more wine' after the last drop was poured. Well done!

Perfecto!

1  Thank EdmondUK

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your comments. I am pleased that we have lived up to your expectation, after all we are here to perfect our guests experiences. I hope to see you soon.

Kind Regards,