“Definitely worth the hype ”
Review of Munch

Munch
Ranked #8,185 of 25,021 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 33
Description: This is a modern bar and kitchen whose aim is to offer food and an environment everyone can use. We cover all diets and food allergens and have tried to make the restaurant as accessible as possible. The restaurant specialises in vegetarian and Vegan food where everything is available gluten free. Our mission statement is to offer food and
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was recommended this restaurant from a friend and I have to say it did not disappoint: the stuff is incredibly friendly and the food is amazing. I ordered the curry and it was amazing; it came with some of the best potatoes I’ve ever tried and, for all you instagram addicted out there, the decor on top was beautiful, ready for you to post and get all the likes. The decor is not great, but acceptable considered the restaurant just opened. The prices are reasonable for how much food you get and they are so good that are definitely worth the splurge. I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Before I start this review I will mention I am a meat eater not a vegan or vegetarian; however on the night I was with a Vegan who wanted a place whose menu didn’t have limited options for her.

This is is exactly what this restaurant offers. As a meat eater I am always sceptical paying to eat out and there’s “no meat” on my plate - however I had the ‘pulled pork’ burger. I must say it did have a really nice taste to it, had mayo, ‘bacon’, jalapeños and tomato inside and tasted pretty good! It came with chips which were nice and I ordered a side of Onion Chutney which was a tasteful addition to my plate. The person I was with ordered the bbq burger - again she said it was nice and it looked it too.

The staff were very attentive and answered literally every question and request we had. This is a nice little local gem for a vegan or vegetarian; and as a meat eater I enjoyed the food too.

Overall, I would return again and try something else on the menu as it all sounded good too!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with Family who are all vegetarian- and looking forward to a special meal which was booked on line for Saturday evening
Unfortunately the Restaurant was unable to cope as there were several parties in.
We were not given any apologies prior to a long wait.
Food was disappointing when it finally arrived
Minted peas consisted of an unappetising plate of frozen peas with a hint of mint
2 Dips came with minuscule pieces of bread and no extra provided to dip with.
The main courses were also poor
A curry served with no rice or bread
Burgers served with a teaspoon of coleslaw and a few leaves of salad chips were extra
A mushroom cheese and rocket salad - one of the few dishes that was offered to one of our party who was garlic intolerant, came without the cheese. They couldn’t supply water jugs as they didn’t have enough.

All in all a disappointment for a new local restaurant.

Phill L, Owner at Munch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with Munch as we have worked very hard to create a restaurant that meets most peoples requirements.

We were incredibly busy on the night you visited, it is our busiest night to date and we were slightly short of staff due to illness. I thought I had spoken to everyone on the night to pass on this message and to try and make the experience as good as possible

Regarding the food:

The curry does not come with bread or rice it comes with potatoes. It is described like this on the menu but we are sorry you were expecting more from this dish. It has been very popular with other diners but we will take this feedback on board.

With the burger, on the night you would have been offered chips with the burger but must have declined them. The tablets we use to take orders would have automatically prompted the server to ask whether you wanted chips. However based on feedback from other customers as well, we have now though changed the burgers so they come with chips as standard and the sides are extra.

Although a garlic allergy is very rare and garlic is on a lot of our dishes. On the night you were there you would have had the choice of 6 starters, 1 burger and 2 mains as well as the salad which you choose. The salad is Vegan so does not come with cheese as standard. I remember you asked for Halloumi on the salad which we did miss but brought out a few minutes later. You also asked for chickpea pancakes that we made specially without garlic.

If you would like to try us again I would be happy to offer you a 20% discount on your next meal. You can see from our other reviews on this site, google, facebook etc that generally people really like our restaurant. Please email on phill@munch.restaurant to arrange another visit if you are interested in giving us another go.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Me and my partner booked at Munch for mother's day. The restaurant is vegetarian/vegan and gluten free and, despite the fresh opening, was quite busy, sparkling atmosphere and warm welcoming by the staff. I had to wait a bit but whenever the food come the plating and taste made me forget the wating. Freshness and quality of the ingredients are out of questions. Simply delicious. Perfectly cooked. We went for a selection of starters (baked lentils, potatoes tartiflette, asparagus & pears and chickpeas pancakes are recommended) and we continued with lasagna, gluten free and vegan, and mushrooms polenta. Genuine food, simple and elegant. Pannacotta with strawberries cream and vegan tiramisù are a must. Prices are more than affordable. I hope to have the opportunity to dine there again Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with my daughter
What a treat to have such a stylish ,trendy place to eat in N21
The food was great and the staff superb .highly recommend