“Unforgetable experience !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gren Tours

Gren Tours
Ranked #68 of 673 Tours in London
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Glen Portch. I offer personalised, private tours of London and Britain for individuals, small or large groups. Tours can be on foot/public transport, by car or by bus for larger groups. Why choose me as your guide? I am the highest rated 'Blue Badge' qualified guide in the Tripadvisor London Tours and Activities listings. The 'Blue Badge' is the highest qualification awarded by the Institution of Tourist Guiding. As such, I am permitted to conduct tours inside many attractions such as Westminster Abbey and the Tower of London.
San Antonio TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unforgetable experience !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We had only that 1 day in London, (Good Friday !) & Glen surely knew how to make it memorable, as we visited significant landmarks, heard the amazing sound of Big Ben, ate the best fish & chips, & walked across Abbey rd !!. By the end of the day we were really impressed with Glen's knowledge & excelent skills.( he was nice enough to take pictures of us !)
Most definitely'd book with him again !!
Dan & Gigi TX USA

1 Thank Gigi A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Cairo
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I found excellent reviews on Gren tours on tripadvisor, so I decided to book it, as I was planning a school trip for my high school students.
I sent an email, and got an immediate response from Glen, and not only did he confirm, but he also offered to meet us where we were staying.
The night before the tour, Glen called to confirm (a gesture much appreciated!), and the following day he was waiting for us in the reception, 5 minutes before the agreed meeting time! Talk about first impression!!
the tour itself was really good, saw places we would've never have on our own, got valuable information in a very interesting way. Glen had a portfolio, and showed different pictures while explaining...
All in all, it was fantastic, the students loved the tour (and they are very picky!), it was informative as well as fun!
and not only that, but Glen was very helpful with extra information on other things we wanted to do.
the only downside though, if you book a half-day tour, then expect a full 4-hour tour!! meaning no stops, no breaks!! which i don't mind personally, but the students were exhausted and hungry at some point!! so, if you'll need a break in the middle, make sure you tell Glen.
But other than that, thank you Glen for the wonderful tour, the information and the help!
I'd definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting London!!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank DZohni
New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“So Much Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We booked Gren tours for two half day walking tours based on all of the feedback from Tripadvisor. Glen was amazing !, Funny and kept my nine year old daughter fully engaged. He had so much information on every site. He moved us through the city with ease and knew all of the tricks to maxamize our time in London. Glen has a wealth of information on current events, history , shopping etc. This two mornings were the best days we spent in London

2 Thank worldtraveler21nj
Southeast Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful day with our guide Stuart.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I was planning a visit to London for two families -- a family of three from Sweden, parents and college-age son, plus a family of four from US with two teens. Three had never been to England before and the rest of us only once, so we wanted to see all the most popular sights on this trip. I quickly became overwhelmed with all the wonderful options to choose from, so after reading good review on Gren Tours I decided that might the way to go. I was thrilled with the day guide Stuart put together for us. First he asked us a few questions to confirm our interests, then took us on an 8 hour day filled with history and humor. It was enjoyed from the youngest of us (14 yr old girl) to the oldest (65 year old gent). When a teen admits they learned something and had a good time, that's saying something! Thank you Stuart for one of the highlights of our trip to London!

1 Thank hebowe1
Chicago, Illinois, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Glen - Best Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My teenage daughter and I visited london in early April, and had 2 days of touring with Glen. Glen is incredibly knowledgeable and knows how to put together fantastic tours. Our first day, we did Windsor Castle and StoneHenge. It was a blast and Glen was able to keep the tour lively and informative. The second day, we did a full day in London visiting the Tower of London, Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and Olympic Park. What was really fantastic was the way Glen modified his tour to meet our needs. My daughter is really big into the Olympics and Glen added the trip with many facts that exceeded our expectations.

Overall, my daughter and I both give the experience a 10 out of 10 and highly recommend him to future travellers.

2 Thank Jay B