1,064 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I booked this accommodation (room with en-suite) due to its location. Imagine my shock when I turned up at 21.00 and was told there is no room for me. Not only that, but they suggested I had pushed the date back a day which is a LIE. They guaranteed me that the room would be available for the next two days.that I had booked but it was NOT. Like a fool I stood in reception at 21:00 and told yet again that the room is not available and that they had booked me into their Hyde Park place, This was not acceptable. The young receptionist said it was not her fault when I mentioned that this was not acceptable. I wanted to cancel my booking and she said she could not do that. Only a manager could and guess what: there was none.
I was utterly disgusted and again had to find alternative place to sleep. A shocking way to treat a visitor, alone in a strange city.. NO APOLOGY GIVEN. Had to find another hotel.

Room tip: check and check and check again that they actually have a room and then question their truth
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Hostel is located near to the city center and it's easy to get to it, but it's a very crowded place. Not suitable for families with children. At night it's very hot in there and you need to sleep with open window all the time.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms are decent though some of the doors slam shut really loudly, so be mindful! Ventilation can get quite bad on some nights.
Most of the rooms are accessible only after climbing narrow flights of stairs, so if you’ve got a huge and heavy luggage you’ll probably struggle.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Good position in the most beautiful central area of London: Bloomsbury. The hostel is really close to Russell square station (no more than 5min on feet).

When we arrived for the check in , the cleaners were cleaning the rooms and the common areas and I didn't find the place dirty. I was expecting something even worse from the reviews, but for the price paid I think this is a reasonable option.

When you arrive, you're given the bedsheets you will use to make the bed. Also, the sooner you come, the better bed you choose since they are not randomly assigned with the booking.

There are supermarkets (Tesco and Waitrose) in the area, so you can eitger buy something for breakfast or go Starbucks/Costa/Pret à manger instead of having their 2£ breakfast.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 6 Stub App Smartphone
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Stayed here a few times - and was tolerable for one night at a time - but won't be coming back. There were two girls, same colour red hair, on reception. One is incredibly nice - the other the polar opposite. Moody, rude - doesn't put the key card or receipt into your hand - just leaves it for you to reach out for. The whole interaction with her makes you feel bad before the stay has even started. Companies hire employees to provide excellent customer service - and this ranks as the worst I've received.

The place itself is dirty, some beds didn't even have mattresses. The door to the room bangs loudly - and the beeping noise when you touch the card to go in goes off not once but several times. The rooms are as tiny as chicken cages, three beds on top of each other.

Budget it may be - but there are far better experiences for this price. Come on guys, can do better!

Room tip: Don't go there.
Date of stay: February 2018