“An Oasis in busy London”
Review of The Hyde Bar

The Hyde Bar
Ranked #375 of 1,328 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Hyde is an intimate and exclusive retreat, a space you enter not to be seen, but to enjoy outstanding service and unique comfort within the exclusive confines of a traditional British Townhouse Hotel, whilst relishing some of the best libations London has to offer. This is matched only by a contemporary food offering which complements the bar experience rather than dominating it.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was staying at the Roseate House for 5 nights. I visited this bar once for breakfast and twice for drinks. Very nice décor and great service. The Full English breakfast was nicely presented and delicious. Drinks were reasonably priced.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The food here was excellent and beautifully presented - from the delicate finger sandwiches to the warm fresh scones to the delicious mini cakes and pastries. The tea selection was fantastic - we even discovered a tea for my friend who "doesn't like tea"! The staff were passionate and knowledgeable about the origins, the flavours and the preparation of the teas. The setting was very comfortable and well presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here and would definitely return.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for a gin tasting and found the staff to be very knowledgeable, polite and attentive. Tried several different gins and learnt a lot about the history of gin. Would throughly recommend this bar as a place to try one of their many tasting experiences or simply for a drink in lovely surroundings

1  Thank jeremysS5317GD
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I went to a private event at this place and it was great. It's downstairs in a basement so no mobile reception. The food was nice and the cocktails were strong. Comfortable seating. Decent lighting.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

A good friend of mine stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights and asked me to come over to see the beautiful hotel bar.
So I went there to make my own opinion and was surprised how cosy the place is.
The service team is very attentive and friendly and the drinks we had were too notch!!! We had a pleasant conversation with Max( one of the bartender's) about cognac and whiskey and lots of other things. Also his Sazerac and his Old Fashioned are among the best I ever had in London.
I have to admit I didn't like the hotel facilities at all. Looks like there is no-one who takes care of the place. The Lobby is full of dust!!! My friend who was staying at the hotel told me as well that the rooms could be cleaner and the front desk stuff is very friendly but quiet unprofessional.

The bar nevertheless is very clean and is definitely worth a visit. I will be back for sure!!!