“Great”

Best Western The Boltons
Ranked #506 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I would choose it again. Definately!
Great location
Nice and clean room.
Missing fridge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Younis72, General Manager at Best Western The Boltons, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Hi Mitza
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. We hope to see you soon.
Regards
Wasim

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed here recently on a short trip to London and I have no complaints. It is located on a quiet street just a couple of minutes from the Earl’s Court tube station, close to a bunch of pubs, the post office, restaurants, fast food places (Burger King, McD’s and Subway) and little convenience stores. It was also near a CVS type store, so if you forgot anything for your vacation, very easy to get to! The location was excellent for sight seeing and for transport from the airport, as the Picadilly line runs through it. About 35-40 minute trip from Heathrow and close to sight seeing places. I loved it! The London Underground is very easy to understand as there are signs everywhere telling you exactly where you are. I highly recommend getting the Oyster card to save on fares. It is also easy to get to Kings Cross (take Picadilly line all the way there for the Eurostar) or Euston station (if you are heading to the Harry Potter tour!).

The rooms, although a little small, were very modern looking and almost reminded me of a suite on a cruise ship. Our room faced the back part of the hotel and the walls were a little slanted, so it totally made me feel like I was on a ship! Beds were fairly soft.. I usually hate soft beds, but I slept like a rock. There was some tea and biscuits in the closet and free Wifi was available by asking the front desk for a few codes. The codes worked for 24 hours and if you ran out, no problem, just go ask for some more. We were able to store our luggage before we checked in (as our room wasn’t ready yet at 12) and afterwards since we had some time to explore before our Eurostar train. There is a small lift (TINY!) but it’s there if you need it.

The only semi complaint (and I don’t even want to call it that, because it was so problems for me!) is that if you have a room in the narrow little hallway (there are like 3 or 4 rooms there) there is a door that you have to open to get into the hallway and our room happen to be right next to that door. You can hear people leaving when the door would slam. Not really a big deal at all, as I sleep fairly well even if there is a war around me, but something to take note if you are a light sleeper.

I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting London. The price, location, modernly appointed rooms and friendly staff made our trip to London a success

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rockchick04

Hey Rockchick, thank you for a descriptive and positive review of Best Western The Boltons Hotel.
We hope to welcome you back at the hotel soon.
Thanks again
Wasim.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Booked rooms based on pics of spacious bedrooms with bathrooms. The reality is entirely different. The 'double' bedrooms were so small there was nowhere to put suitcases on the floor and the bed was up against a wall. There was just room to stand a suitcase between the end of the bed and the window. To get into the shower room you had to edge round the door as it wouldn't fully open. When we complained and asked for bigger rooms we were told that they were all 'more or less the same'. There is only one bath in the entire hotel and that is in an executive room, all the rest are tiny shower rooms. I cannot believe that Best Western put their name to such an awful hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank TravelCumbrian

Dear Sir, thank you for your comments. We are glad that you found the room clean and modern. Please note as we are a London hotel some rooms vary in sizes, we do have larger rooms at different rates so the next time you come do request one.
We hope to see you soon. Thanks Wasim

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The Bolton's more than met my expectations. The Earl's Court location is very convenient to all parts of London by the Underground which is two blocks away. Check in is by very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms and bath rooms are small, but so are rooms in other hotels in this price category. House keeping does a very good job. Be sure to check Best Western's web site for the best prices. I checked in late in the day and when I went to my room I discovered the water in the toilet kept running and there was a loud, irratating vibrating noise. The manager was quick to resolve the problem by moving me to another room. This solved the problem with the running toilet, but the noise was still there, though tolerable. The next morning I discovered there was an electrical generator supplying power to an apartment building down the street. By the end of my four night stay I was used to the noise. Breakfast is okay, not much in the way of fresh fruit, but more than adequate. There are several pubs and other eating establishments within walking distance of the hotel. If you are flying in or out of Heathrow, the Underground from Earl's Court is great. Take's about 45 min. and costs under £4. Would stay at the Bolton's again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Younis72, General Manager at Best Western The Boltons, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Hi, thank you for such a lovely review of the hotel. We are glad you found the hotel clean and modern and hope to see you soon.
Regards, Wasim

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Not my first stay at the Boltons. Friendly check-in as usual & attentive personnel. Accommodated every request made before coming, accepted my check-in a few minutes before the official check-in times & kept luggage while we took another tour of the city after checking out.
Rooms are rather small but comfortable & clean. Plus I don't go to London to stay in the room so it is just fine.
Breakfast room is small and can be cramped if you're sleeping in but entirely manageable. Breakfast choice was just fine for us.
Conveniently located a few steps from Earl's Court underground stop. Direct from Heathrow airport and in a quiet small street away from the busy main road.
Will certainly return.

Room Tip: A room on the 4th floor is quiet since there's no one above you, but the noise of the falling ra...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear Bahia,
Thank you for such a wonderful review of BW The Boltons. We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel soon!!
Best regards, Wasim.