“Great Italian trattoria ”
Review of Radici

Radici
Reserve with OpenTable
Radici is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,943 of 24,678 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 24
Description: Radici is an authentic Italian trattoria in Islington. Radici translates as 'roots', and will reflect Chef Patron Francesco Mazzei's Calabrian cuisine of Francesco's heritage, as well as incorporating dishes from the southern Italian areas of Campania, Basilicata, Puglia, Sicily, and Sardinia. Radici is closed on Mondays.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was in Radici for the second time. Honestly first time in December I left a bit disappointed about service and found the selection of the food just ok.
Then I joined some friends for the Easter brunch. I was really surprised about the attentive service, I was welcomed from the handsome Italian manager, he introduced us Lorenzo as waiter in charge for our table. The service was excellent, and the food amazing. I highly recommend Radici, I will certainly be back soon. I left so happy that I decide to make my first review on TripAdvisor
Thank you to all the team!

1  Thank marie m
FabrizioC_GManager, General Manager at Radici, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Marie,
Thank you very much for the feedback. I am glad you had enjoyed your experience.
Looking forward to see you again soon

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went here on a weeknight. Service was professional and attentive, but most important food was extremely good considering the price.
Portions were good without being overwhelming and the sides are certainly big enough for sharing. Particularly good was a white bean and pancetta pasta, which tasted like it should cost more than £8. I will certainly have that again.
Wine isn't as cheap, but plenty of options by the glass of the carafe.
The dining area is pretty large, but the open kitchen is a nice touch.

1  Thank Eoghan B
FabrizioC_GManager, General Manager at Radici, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Eoghan,

Thank you very much for this honest and transparent feedback. I am glad you have enjoyed every bit of your experience from start to finish, especially for one of our famous signature dish: taglierini beans and pancetta.

I look forward to welcome you again at Radici!

Thank you Again!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We went to Radici on Easter Sunday. We were disappointed, everything was great from the Maitre D to the fabulous pistachio cake! thank you for making our Easter Sunday memorable...we will be back. Grazie mile. Nathalie

1  Thank NDF1970

Dear NDF1970,

I am very happy you have enjoyed a special occasion like Easter at Radici. I will gladly pass the word to the team!

Thank you for coming and see you next time!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Radici was ‘meh.’ We went there for the bottomless brunch. The food was good but nothing out-of-this-world (the eggs benedict was a little oily); the staff were friendly enough but a little slow and cold; and the prices are a little on the expensive side for what you are getting. Definitely convenient for those who want a bite to eat before the theatre, but not worth going out of your way for.

2  Thank Laith A
FabrizioC_GManager, General Manager at Radici, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Laith

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am very sorry that for you the food and the service did not met your expectations, because we do our best to make the experience of our guest unforgettable. I will keep your feedback as reminder to improve the performance of all team.
Looking forward to see you again and to prove that we are able to provide a much better performance and experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My partner has recently surprised me with the most beautiful night out in London.
If you were seeking a classy, yet relaxed and fun place to unwind, then Radici restaurant and bar is hard to beat. The food was exceptional. Fresh, imaginative, light yet hearty and despite the place buzzing with guests, everything that we ordered was served promptly and with a smile! ... The immaculately dressed and exemplary mannered Italian manager, was most attentive and passionate about his menu. We have much appreciated his kind and expert guidance as the choices were plentiful and all very tempting!
Despite the busyness, the restaurant was clean and brilliantly managed.
We both felt relaxed, entertained and very well looked after.
Radici with its’s warm ambiance, delicious food and friendly knowledgeable staff is an absolute gem!
Thank you all for a very lovely evening. It was real treat!

1  Thank sarka179

Thanks for taking the time to leave us with your comments from your last visit a Radici. Our team is working really hard to mantain excellent levels of standard in terms of food, service and ambience, and it is a pleasure to have those standards highlighted from your review. We will continue to keep these level high in order to provide a unique experience for all our guests!

See you soon!