“Like being on holiday!”

Comptoir Libanais
Ranked #4,042 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 21
Neighbourhood: South Kensington
Description: “The Lebanese cafe continues to impress us with its fresh mezze, interesting soft drink selection, snappy service and good looks.” – Time Out The food at Comptoir is fresh, healthy, honest and affordable. Comptoir wakes up early to provide customers with unique Lebanese breakfasts to eat in or take away; offering everything from organic yoghurt topped with pomegranate and orange blossom water,
Reviewed 1 week ago

My first visit, and I really enjoyed it. I sat outside to eat, for the first time this year, with the help of some infra-red lights, and enjoyed watching the Gloucester Road traffic and street-life go by. Service was helpful and welcoming, and the menu is extensive. I chose chicken Kofte, which arrived in minutes, with rice, salad, tomato, harissa...oh the harissa!!....and was absolutely delicious. I genuinely loved every bite. I buy Le Phare du Cap Bon harissa in France every year, so to see the brightly-printed empty Le Phare cans being used to hold the cutlery and napkins was a treat. Really I should have stopped at the main course, but I was tempted by baklava...who hasn't been? A delicious, moist, sweet and nutty selection with a large coffee was a true pleasure, and every morsel was a real taste of the Middle East. I would go back tomorrow if I could. The bill was reasonable, the Lebanese red wine was spicy and deep, and I went away a very happy man indeed. أتمنى أن أراك قريباً

GLRTeam, General Manager at Comptoir Libanais, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Hi Stuart, we are glad to meet all your expectations and to read that you really enjoyed your visit. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I had a lamb kofta canapé at a work do earlier on in the week, which reignited my love for lamb kofta. I was determined to find a lamb kofta burger in London. After a quick Google search, I decided to dine at Comptoir Libanais.

I initially visited the Chelsea branch but because of its small size, they didn't have a grill and therefore didn't serve the Lamb & Halloumi Burger that I was after. I was directed to the Gloucester Road branch, which is much bigger and serves the full menu. The interior was very bright, bold and dramatic. I absolutely loved it. I was seated in a quiet corner of the restaurant - which was shockingly empty for a Saturday afternoon in London! I ordered the Lamb & Halloumi Burger alongside a glass of ice water with lemon. They have a wonderful selection of starters, soft drinks and cocktails but I was feeling rather basic and just wanted what I had came for: the BURGER!!!

The burger came with a side of batata harra (Lebanese spiced potatoes), which was delicious. The serving was very generous and I was quite full from that alone. The burger was very very nice and I really like the pickled cucumber and harissa sauce that was in it.

For dessert, I had a glass of the Lebanese Spiced Hot Chocolate with Pistachios. Wow, is all I have to say. Move over Starbucks and Costa! It was ever-so decadent and creamy.

The entire meal cost me £16.04 including the service charge. The staff were nice enough, a little awkward at times but attentive. Overall, I give Comptoir Libanais a 10/10. I'm definitely going to be back!

Hi MysticRose, we are absolutely delighted that you loved your visit in our branch in Gloucester Road. Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a Monday evening as a party of 5 the restaurant was very busy but we were seated immediately. We ordered wine but had to wait a long time for it to be delivered. We ordered just mains but it again took a long time to get served. The food though can not be faulted I had the mixed grill and it was delicious. We again had to wait for a dessert menu, dessert and then the bill. We also never got the water we ordered. However the food made up for all of that so would on balance visit again

Hi Kate, I am sorry to hear that you had to wait long for your order, we try to do our best even in the busiest time. I will bring this to the staff attention and we will make sure it will not happen again. However, we are glad that you enjoyed our tasty food and that you will visit us again. Kind Regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It was my first visit and the young waiter asked if I had been before. When I said I hadn't he went through the menu explaining what everything was and some recommendations as well.

I went for a Mezze for one for a starter and a Lamb Kofta. The food was naturally colourful and full of flavour. Along with my beer he also brought a glass of water (which I wanted anyway) without asking so that was great.

Really reasonable prices and tasty food and the interaction with the staff felt very genuine. I will be back again.

Hi Kentishman, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit in our branch, we are very happy to have you back anytime. Best wishes.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good Lebanese food in a very colorful restaurant with friendly staff and decent prices. The only downturn was that we smelled of food but you can sit outside if the weather permits.

Hi Andy, thank you very much for your comments, they are very useful to us. Kind Regards.