“Not disappointed!!”

Ranked #7,259 of 25,285 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 20
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Inspired by fast-paced japanese ramen bars, wagamama offers a range of fresh, healthy dishes including ramen, donburi, teppanyaki, curries, salads and juices. wagamama encourages guests to share in their enthusiasm, slurp on noodles, relax in good company and leave feeling happy, nourished and refreshed.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the NoodleLab as my daughter wanted to try the new Vegatsu vegan dish made with Seitan which is only served at this branch of Wagamama. She was not disappointed - she loved it and eagerly awaits it appearing on the general Wagamama menu. I ordered the 'refreshed' chicken and prawn Pad Thai which was also delicious, as were our sides of vegetable gyoza, panko breaded prawns and the aubergine and mushroom hirata steamed buns - the latter were particularly yummy!! Service was welcoming, friendly and prompt and the atmosphere in the restaurant was good. The only reason I give 4 stars and not 5 is because I do think the sides are slightly overpriced for the portion size.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We went here thinking it was a regular Wagamama store but were pleasantly surprised to see it's a "noodle lab". This store has a selection of Wagamama favourites from the regular menu but also has a separate menu of dishes they're trying out before rolling them out to other stores. Staff asked for feedback via an iPad at the end of the meal and the 'experimental' dishes are priced lower.

I've recently started to transition to a vegan diet and tried the 'vegatsu' - a vegan version of the chicken katsu curry, made with seitan. It was truly delicious. Honestly. I thought I would really miss my chicken katsus but it won't be an issue if the vegatsu becomes widespread across stores! It was priced just £8 also!

I also ordered pumpkin onigiri but was unable to eat it due to it including peas, despite these not being listed as an ingredient on the menu. Pretty disappointing but my eating partner was able to enjoy them nonetheless.

Staff were a little slow to bring the bill once we'd finished eating, despite clearing the plates quickly and asking if we wanted dessert. But they were otherwise quite attentive.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Walked past this on the way thru and decided to try it.
This restaurant is used to try out new recipes for the chain.
It's quite a large but noisy place.
We ended up moving further down where it was quieter, the downside of this was that we were tucked round the corner and were
ignored for 15 mins until we got up and asked for service.
We had the pumpkin onigiri, which was nice but couldn't detect any pumpkin and had peas in it - not in the description.
This was followed by the sticky seitan stir fry and the cookmama both were tasty and slightly spicy but not too much.
This was accompanied by a lovely lychee ginger Martini.
The good news is that the special menu is changed seemingly every 2 months so there will always be something new ti try.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic vegan meal here, I tried the Cookamama, my husband had the Vegatsu, we both loved what we tried and think it should go into the main menu!! The only reason I didn’t score five stars is because the didn’t have any of the chocolate and peanut pie left, server said they keep running out...... hello!! If you keep running out, make more!! Obviously it also needs to go on the main menu! All in all, delicious!!!

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Ended up there thinking it was a standard Wagamama restaurant and had the surprise of the noodle lab. My daughter and I went fir the tester menu and had an excellent (vegan) meal. Vegan like this will certainly be more often an option for us now!