“Lovely autumn ride out”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 289.81*
and up
Private Tour: Traditional Black Cab Tour of...
Ranked #63 of 231 Outdoor Activities in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hyde Park Stables is dedicated to providing a high standard of horse riding and horse riding instruction for adults and children, from five years of age and older. Hyde Park Stables, built around 1835 is the oldest public stables in Central London. Bathurst Mews, where we are located, is the last remaining working mews. We offer group horse riding for all levels, semi-private riding for couples or small private groups or private one to one tuition. We cater for visitors who want to improve their horse riding ability as well as for regular riders who want to learn from the beginning, or for those who are coming back to the sport to re-learn their skills and regain their fitness levels. We also offer one-off rides for visitors who want to experience beautiful Hyde Park from the back of a horse. Our dedicated team escort you around Hyde Park for lesson-rides or for the most scenic of rides in Central London.
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Having recently visited i wanted to write a review about my visit. When i arrived the staff were very friendly with a warm welcome. The stables were well kept and the horses well looked after. At the beginning i was informed about the lead rope being attatched for safety reasons which i understand as a riders ability must be assessed as alot of riders say they are better than they are. And when your in such a large open space with hundreds visitors safety is paramount. I was quite dissapointed to stay on a lead rope after being a rider for nearly 40 years but understand why. My instructor candi ( i hope u remembered that correctly ) was fabulous and very professional. Just be aware if your instructor feels its unsafe for you or the public you will stay on the lead rope no matter how experienced you are. The experience is still great thankyou to you all

Date of experience: October 2017
in 3 reviews
"bomb proof"
"skill level"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this experience"
"unique experience"
in 30 reviews
"horses"
in 109 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I did the private ride at Hyde Park Stables while visiting London for my Birthday. This was the highlight of my birthday and one of the best parts of my trip. Worth the cost, but riding is expensive and its in an amazing location.

I went out with Kat, had great conversation and she was a wonderful guide through the park. I loved the route and the horses (and gear) were in great shape.

People even asked if they could take our picture, it was fun.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Compass737032
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend is doing semi-professional showjumping and she wanted to go riding in the Hyde Park. She ticked on the form, she had to fill out, that she is a very experienced rider. But the staff didn't even look on the form and asked her if she was on a horse before.. They gave her a pony and wanted to hold her on a line while she was riding. They payed for a one hour private lesson and got just around 40 min. Absolutely not worth the money for experienced riders.

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank Goran P
Millie S, Front Office Manager at Hyde Park Stables, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Goran,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. For us, safety is of the up most importance and have to take into account that we are riding in public spaces. Due to this, we have to take into consideration any factors which may pose a risk such as concerts and events happening in the park. We ask our instructors to be very strict with who they let off of the lead rope, sometimes even our regular experienced riders being kept on the lead rope as a result of these events. If a horse where to get lose in the park, this could be catastrophic and very dangerous not only for the rider but for the general public.
I am unsure what happened in regards to your time, as we generally ask our riders to arrive 10 min earlier than their scheduled ride so they can fill in their rider registration form and get fitted with riding hat and boots.
I am sorry that the stables did not live up to your standards and only apologise.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

A ride at the stables is expensive but when considering the location and the quality of the ride it is worth it. The horses appear well cared for by a passionate group of staff. I had a private ride around Hyde Park with a lovely instructor who adapted the ride to suit my skill level. I felt comfortable and safe the entire time. This is a unique experience and if you have the opportunity, don't worry about the expense, this is not one to miss.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Paul E
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My partner booked me a surprise hour long private ride at this stables for my Birthday. I hadn't ridden in 20 years, so was a little nervous about how well I would pick it up again! The staff at the stables were quick to reassure me and had picked out the lovely, bomb-proof Pie for me to ride.

Although at first I was slightly surprised to be on lead for this ride, when I engaged my brain I realised this was a very wise precaution, the amount of possible dangers around the park are huge, but the horses are incredibly solid, not like the horses I used to ride as a kid that would freak out at the sight of a leaf falling from a tree :) As long as you don't let your ego get in the way, riding on lead really makes very little difference to the experience anyway, we still got a few trots in, and actually the slightly slower pace was nice, because there's so much to see.

Lastly, my instructor was fantastic! Sadly I'm rubbish with names so can't remember, but I know I thought she was from New Zealand from her accent, when in fact she was from Essex! She was very friendly and encouraging and a great asset to the team there.

Thank you for making my Birthday, we will definitely be back!

Date of experience: August 2017