“like a Londoner-Rosa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ossian Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ossian Guest House
Ranked #181 of 558 London B&B and Inns
Osaka, Japan
“like a Londoner-Rosa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

i was staying there 9 days . Every morning Ann and John cooked delicious breakfast for me, and talked lots. They are quite kindly . I felt warm to stay there. The room is very lovely , birds were singing out side. I f i have a chance to visit London , i 'm sure I would like to back here!!

Room Tip: french room is very lovely
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rosa-Chiyo T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Florence, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

A nice place to spend a few days as well as a longer holiday. Ann and John are really nice and kind people. We lodged in jacuzzi and rose room. Linens, towels, rooms and bathrooms were clean and in order in general. A few details in the rooms should have needed more care, but we tend to considered this as part of old town charm. A few wrinkles on a beautiful woman's face doesn't make her looking like older, just more fascinating.
This bed&breakfast isn't a luxury place nor pretending to be. It's in the heart of town, close to bus stop which gets you to tube station after 3 stops only, but at same time far from traffic noise . Room are romantically furnished and owners make the environment really familiar. Breakfast can be continental or british at your choice, I have nothing to complain about it.
A place I could recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank M C
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

First off, let me say that this guest house is fine if you aren't looking for luxury. We were staying there for one night to attend a party nearby and as we didn't get in until the early hours & weren't planning on lounging around in the room, it was perfectly fine. The owners are a little bit Fawlty Towers...John was very pleasant, but told us off when we were late arriving (even though we'd called to say so) saying that his wife had had to stay in on a sunny day (erm, sorry, but that's the job!) and his wife Ann was abrupt to say the least. The bed was very comfy & we had a lovely nights sleep. The breakfast was hardly what I'd describe as a Full English, being a sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, half a tomato and a fried egg! Like everyone else says on here, the decor in our room (French Room) was raggedy & felt slightly grubby. But the shower was amazing and like I say, we had a great nights sleep as the bed was really comfortable. So in summary, I'd recommend for a night, but not for a romantic getaway or holiday. At £75.00 for a room in central London, to be honest I wasn't expecting too much more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amanda K
Konstanz, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I stayed at the Ossian Guesthouse for more than 2 weeks in 2011 and again for 1 week in March, 2012. It´s almost my "second home" and I like the place and also the friendly hosts (Ann and John) who always make me feel "at home" in London. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast is great and you can sleep very well (as it´s a quiet place). I am looking forward to visiting London and the Ossian Guesthouse soon again (with my friends and/or family). Thomas :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Ossian guest house is a beautiful, warm, friendly place to stay...
Myself and my business partner stay in this guest house on a bi-monthly basis and have always received more then friendly, excellent customer service on each visit.
For my line of work the guest house is perfectly situated close to Central London, 20mins or so by tube, but nestled nicely in a quiet little town in North London.
On all my returns to the guest house, they know me by name and are more then happy to make me a wonderful breakfast, even with my favourite yoghurt.
The rooms all look fantastic, clean and have very comfortable beds (Rose room my personal favourite)

I was shocked to read the last comment placed here as I myself stayed that weekend, overheard the issue raised on my departure, saw the hurt caused to the owners and also heard the apology given by the parents on behalf of thier 'hot-headed' son.
I receive an email after every booking I make, stating the payment methods in advance.

This guest house is a hidden gem, I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a friendly 'like home' place to stay, (with amazing showers)

I will continue to stay at the Ossian Guest House.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business