“Terrific Food, Service and Drinks”
Review of Anzu

Anzu
Ranked #6,439 of 25,272 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Neighbourhood: St. James's
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I stopped here for a quick nibble and a drink prior to another event I had to attend. I loved it so much I went back a second time that week. I loved the variety of sauces and chillies. I had pork dumplings and shrimp shumi. How all very delicious.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

First visit and disappointed at poor level. I asked them to make noodle hard, but over-boiled noodle was served. Tonkotsu soup was too tepid. I have never had such a poor Gyoza.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Booked for a pre theatre meal. Very good value. Super cocktails and tasty food, ramen was wholesome and tasty excellent noodles.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

This is a newish restaurant in the redeveloped St. James's Market area. Nicely laid out and comfortable, the staff are great, very helpful at explain the menu and the interesting range of different beers. Food was delicious, recommend any of the ramen noodle dishes, and the goyzu (pork or chicken stuffed mini pancakes) side plates

Reviewed 21 February 2018

We were here on the Chinese New Year weekend and so oriental food was on our minds. We noticed that many of the oriental restaurants were very full. Anzu was not, but also looked inviting. The décor is chic and the staff were very welcoming. We didn't realise at first that this was a two week Ramen residency by Tonkotsu. So the menu was very limited, just noodles with either chicken, pork or veggies. We like ramen but also like to have maybe a bowl of rice with it. No rice available. Service was friendly, but the food took some time to get to us. When it arrived it wasn't very tasty - it seemed rather bland and flat to us. I have eaten ramen at other places and it has been tasty and delicious. Not here. So despite nice ambience and friendly service, we won't be back to the Tonkotsu pop up. Might try Anzu proper when Tonkotsu has gone.