“Handy for Victoria”

Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 26
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pimlico
Description: Independently owned & managed pub The Marquis of Westminster reopened in February 2013 following a complete refurbishment. Often described as Pimlico’s village pub, The Marquis is back to doing what we do best, traditional home made British food including wonderful world famous fish and chips, sausages & mash, Sunday roasts and burgers! With a pub, a fantastic restaurant and one of the best function rooms in London, we have created a super-pub, which still has the feel of a British local. Local Pimlican Christopher Hayes bought The Marquis from family friends and re-opened it in June 2006; his parents and grandparents were also pub owners in Pimlico at The Coach and Horses, so Chris is proudly continuing this family tradition in the local area. Together we have grown the business so that it now features well on Trip Advisor’s places to eat in London. For those that have not been here before, the people have spoken so come see what we are up to and why many believe us to be London’s best pub. Whether its a pint of ale, traditional British pub food, or an awesome party we have something for everyone!
Reviewed 19 March 2018

We popped in for a drink whilst on our way back to Victoria. Although it was fairly busy on a Friday evening but we found a table quickly and settled down for a couple of drinks.

We decided to stay a bit longer and although burgers aren't my favourite thing, I ordered a cheeseburger and chips. It was pretty good for pub food and was served quickly.

The staff all seemed a friendly and helpful bunch, and the place had a pretty relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Would return again when in the area.

The Marquis o, General Manager at Marquis of Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you kindly for your review, Ken!
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

During our weekend visit to Victoria, we were looking for somewhere suitable for lunch and a drink prior to the theatre. Well, we certainly ‘lucked out’ here. What a lovely place. We were immediately welcomed not just by exceptionally friendly and efficient staff, but a great atmosphere too.
My wife and I both had the club sandwich - you MUST try one, served on soda bread with the somewhat unusual addition of melted cheddar, they were truly delicious. Go for a side of fries too - yummy!
And when it comes to value for money;
2 Club Sandwiches
3 x Prosecco
1 pint of ale
2 x Rioja
The whole lot? £46.30!!
Absolutely fantastic - give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.

The Marquis o, Manager at Marquis of Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you very much Norman, we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

We went in here our first full night in London for dinner. Sat in the pub. Staff was friendly. Food was great. Had the scotch egg, steak pie and fish and chips. Had to finish off the trip with a return visit.

Really good selection of ales on cask too!

The Marquis o, Manager at Marquis of Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank you very much Matt.
We hope too see you soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We found this pub/restaurant when looking for late lunch near Victoria station. It was around 3om so relatively quiet with empty tables though large screens were showing rugby and a little loud. But despite being near a screen, we could talk without shouting. The menu is not enormous but has a nice selection catering for all tastes and snacks to meals. We both chose sausage and mash and it was lovely, plenty and tasty. We couldn't fault it at all. The staff were charming and helpful. I would happily return to try another dish.

The Marquis o, Waitress at Marquis of Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you very much, Marion for your lovely review.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Was my first time at the Marquis and this place was suggested by my fiancé who had been there last years ago.

Booked a table for drinks in the bar area earlier in the day and luckily got a table on a Friday evening.
Weather was terrible that evening but soon forgotten when everyone started arriving and drinks flowing.

We decided to have some food before moving on to a party nearby. I ordered the chicken wings which were good - would have been perfect with a blue cheese dip to cut through some of the sharp heat. My friends’ burgers looked great and the chips were nice and chunky. I did try some of my fiancé’s scotch egg and it was absolutely yummy. I had scotch egg envy!

The staff were lovely and efficient - a credit to the establishment. It’s not often I’m around the area of Pimlico but if I am, I won’t hesitate to go to the Marquis for a cheeky and a scotch egg.

The Marquis o, General Manager at Marquis of Westminster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you very much for your fantastic review!
We are delighted to read you enjoyed all food and the service.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Best,