“Excellent food, a bit pricey”
Review of Fumo

Fumo
Ranked #967 of 25,453 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The restaurant was very close to our hotel so we had there a dinner once. The plates are small aiming at the tapas concept which should be shared among few people. If you are really hungry you will need to have 3 plates at a minimum. The food itself is tasty and fresh with many choices. Overall, I would come back.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Hard to recall much about it really. Pleasant enough place but just another mediocre Italian as far as the food is concerned.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had 1 Cod Croquets, 1 Seabass, 1 Cacciuco, 2 Roast potatoes, 2 Affogato, 1 bottle Negramaro Rose.

Like the title reads, we were “`Eating Fumo From The Window,” as a much needed meal was due. I chose St Martins Lane as its warmth and welcoming ambiance drew us in and delivered!

Expect the staff to give you all the attention you need from the moment you walk in. That’s what we got from each staff that walked past, or that we made eye contact with. Awesome!

The menu prices are very welcoming and I was pleasantly surprised, as the setting, style and decor ‘suggested’ you should expect even higher. I remember starters were around £5, £6, £7 and main meals around £9, £10, £12 etc., I jumped in and ordered away. Hahaha!

My top-tips would be to:
* Go for the 'Cacciuco,' as it turned out to be a surprise the way it was served. I definitely wanted a seafood dish/soup and I got a whole lot more.
**Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, we will be coming back and I actually know where I want to sit next.
*** Add Fumo to an evening out before, or after the theatre, if your out shopping, or maybe just plan to meet friends there (I am going to start phoning ahead judging by all the pictures on the wall of ‘who and who’ has been eating here.)
**** Order your wine by the bottle and completely unwind and then cap the night off with an affogato! Belisma, or belisimo? How I wish I studied Italian now!

Thank you for my Birthday cake and candle – that was sweet… see you again.

A big thank you to the staff, I wish I could add your names 1 by 1 - next time I promise.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Second time we've eaten here. I love the concept it makes for a much more social dinner. Definitely recommend the crispy gnocchi and salt baked sea bass. Service is impeccable

1  Thank kimr673
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This restaurant is centrally located in the Trafalgar Square/West End/Covent Garden area, making it ideal after a day of sightseeing or around seeing a show. The staff is very attentive and friendly, and the food is fantastic. Very extensive menu, Italian food tapas style, so it's great for sharing and socializing. I will definitely return to this restaurant the next time I'm in London.