“Great Location and Cozy”

Hotel Indigo London-Paddington
Ranked #175 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Lufkin, TX
“Great Location and Cozy”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The location at Paddington station made it very easy for my daughter and me to get to the hotel. The staff was very helpful and actually took us to a couple of rooms to see before we decided which one to stay in. The staff was cheerful and helpful everytime we needed assistance or advice.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Bryony H, General Manager at Hotel Indigo London-Paddington, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Thank you for leaving your feedback on us. It’s great to hear that our staff were able to assist you with your room choice and advice during your trip; I will ensure that your comments are passed on to them as well. I’m glad that the location made your transport links easy, it’s an aspect we often get comments on and so I must agree it does allow for easy access to the Hotel and the city having the station so close by. Thank you again for your wonderful comments and I do hope that we can welcome both you and your daughter back to us soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Portland, OR
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I'll probably just end up piling on what has already been said here...
- really nice, functional rooms. Not huge, but big enough, and very well appointed
- location, location. 5 minute walk to Paddington station, and then 15 minutes to Heathrow
- great staff-extremely helpful and attentive

Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments; I’m glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us here. I’m glad that our staff were helpful and attentive and I will ensure that all of your comments are passed on to them. I do hope that we can welcome you back to us soon for another “perfect” stay.
Torpoint, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have stayed at this Indigo many many times and always been thrilled by the experience. This time - apart from a wonderful breakfast served by attentive staff - I was unhappy. Unhappy to be required to produce the credit card on which I had booked (I am a Platinum Elite member and so the likelihood of fraud is remote?) - not being acknowledged as a Platinum member and it apparently having no meaning to the staff on duty .... all to the way to being allocated a small room at the back of the hotel ........... and the staff attitude was surly and unhelpful. So, I am sorry to have been a nuisance to Hotel Indigo Paddington! (I have to comment that on check out I was recognised by a manager who was sympathetic to my unhappy experience!

Room Tip: It appears not to matter that you are a member of the regular user scheme!! Rooms overlooking the s...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for leaving your feedback and I apologise that your stay did not live up to the expectations from your previous trips to us. I’m sorry that you felt the staff at check in to be surly and unhelpful, let me assure you this is not the norm and especially as a Platinum member you should have been recognised as such and for this I can only apologise.
I would really appreciate the chance to understand more about your issues so that we can improve and would kindly ask if you could contact us at stay@indigopaddington.com so that I can discuss your stay with us.
Virginia
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Wonderful, clean and friendly staff. The location close to Paddington Station is very convenient and close to the tube. Felt very safe in the area. Purchased the breakfast with the room and recommend it. The Heathrow Express is more during the work week to Paddington so you could take the Connect. During the week you just need a travel card to get around all day on the tube. If you are only going to use the tube once during the day just get a one way ticket it is cheaper. Oyster card not necessary. Hotel has a nice restaurant and food is good. However a very nice pub Saint James Victoria Pub is within walking distance. Must see Windsor Place (better than Buckingham) they have changing of the guards. Tower of London but do the one hour Beefeater tour first is a must.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for leaving your feedback I’m pleased that you were able to enjoy your trip to London. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy the food at our London Street Brasserie and I will ensure that your comments are passed onto the Chef! Thank you as well for leaving some really great tips about London, I’m sure our guests will find all of this information useful and helpful.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments and I hope we are able to welcome you back to Hotel Indigo Paddington soon.
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel on business, and really enjoyed the location -- close to Paddington and Hyde Park, with wonderful Indian and Greek restaurants just next door. Within the room, I enjoyed the attention to detail, including the Aveda bath products, comfy chair, hip rainforest shower, and free Wifi. Yes, the rooms are rather small, but the attention-to-detail and fabulous location outweigh this.

Room Tip: If possible, try to avoid the rooms in the basement.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving us your comments I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our location and what our neighbourhood has to offer. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our rooms whilst here with us and pleased that you found the amenities useful and to your liking. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to London soon!