“Very lovely Gin bar”

Mr Fogg's Gin Parlour
Ranked #930 of 24,685 Restaurants in London
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Located above Mr Fogg’s Tavern, Phileas Fogg’s late Aunt Gertrude has left behind an impressive plethora of gins, tonics and botanicals at the Gin Parlour. Lavishly decorated by Aunt Gertrude herself, the refined space houses a marvellous selection of hundreds of gins for guests to indulge in every evening, along with an array of homemade Victorian delicacies. With Gin Safari every day and G & Tea every weekend, the Gin Parlour is the perfect opportunity for gin lovers to immerse themselves in the most splendid of spirits!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went to Mr Foggs for my friend’s birthday and we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. At the door we were greeted by a very friendly door man and a host who then showed us to our table. The choice of drinks and nibbles is excellent. Don’t worry if you don’t like gin. Their selection of cocktails and wines is just as good. Drinks and food are presented very professionally. The bar itself is decorated beautifully and you feel like you’ve travelled back in time. Last but not least the staff have been super friendly. Haven’t had such excellent service in a long time. I’m definitely coming back.

InceptionGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Mr Fogg's Gin Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear CGNMax,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments about your recent visit to the Gin Parlour. I'll be sure to pass them on to the household staff.

I'm delighted to hear that you chose to visit the Gin Parlour for a friends birthday! I'm thrilled that the household staff welcomed you so warmly to our humble parlour and I'm sure they would love to welcome you back again soon. Don't be a stranger!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Stumbled across it after going out for lunch so we stopped in for a drink, not a huge bar so it’s best to book a table or you can only stand in the door way, tried the pepper gin for the first time at about £10 for a single measure it was more than I would usually pay but was lovely! They have great themed decor and wine on tap!

Dear StephReviews99,

I'm delighted to hear that you stumbled across our little establishment and that you passed a delightful time! I'll have to make sure to try the pepper gin - thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First impressions were that the room is pleasantly decorated with period fixtures and fittings, and the ambience good. 3 of us had a table booked for 2 hours.

I also thought it was ‘cosy’ bordering on slightly cramped and some of the chairs were strangely small.

We ordered a round of cocktails having waited 10 mins before having to call a waiter over. The drinks were fine albeit expensive for their size.

We then moved to gins. The experience was let down by the the inattention of the waiters. On every occasion throughout the 2 hours, we waited for around 10 mins with empty glasses before calling over a waiter who would produce some menus and then disappear until we waved one over again to take the order.

There were 4 waiters serving around 30? customers and 2 bar staff mixing drinks. But the waiters spent more time with their backs to the customers tapping
info into their iPads than serving. As there is a massive list of gins, i would have thought some advice on choosing would have been offered, but none was forthcoming.

We ordered 3 different toasted sandwiches. two were ok but one (which should have been parma ham, mature cheddar cheese and honey mustard) was just some
ham on bread. So we felt obliged to call the waiter back and return it. He remarked that he thought it looked wrong, in which case why serve it?

When we finally came to pay the bill, we pointed out the poor service and mess up with the food (which shouldn’t happen with such a simple food menu).
The waiter apologised and admitted that there was some distraction because 2 women in period costume were sitting at a table and being filmed throughout or visit. This seems a poor excuse with that many staff in attendance. Luckily, we were not seated next the table being filmed, because that would have been distracting as customers.

So was it worth the £150 that we spent? No – let down by the service. However, as it was arranged to celebrate my birthday and I was with my daughters,
I still enjoyed it. My older daughter, who runs 5-star boutique hotel in central London, was distinctly unimpressed and was just wanting to leave by the end.

InceptionGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Mr Fogg's Gin Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Trevorh021054,

Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate it as it helps to constantly improve our offer. I would really like to talk to you about your experience at Mr Fogg's Gin Parlour if you could be so kind as to contact me on clientrelations@inception-group.com so we could discuss your visit further that would be great.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
The Client Relations Team

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A fun little spot above the larger bar/pub. Close to 200 different gins to sample in a very cool little setting. Waiters were very friendly and helpful but were very busy so had to try flagging them down a couple times to get service. But it was still a great experience and a lot of fun. Definitely worth a visit if you're a gin lover.

Dear Chris M,

You're right! If you're a gin lover you can't go wrong! I do hope you'll be visiting us again soon to try some more gins from the vast range we have on offer.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Such a fun place. The service was great and the cocktails were really good. Not the cheapest but good value for money.

Dear Annie983,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments about your visit to the Gin Parlour.

I am delighted to pass your feedback onto the Household staff and I hope that you will be back to visit us very soon.