New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #73 of 791 Speciality Lodging in London
Aalborg, Denmark
“Okay for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here for one night after returning from a Top Deck tour. It is recommended by Top Deck so I stayed as it was easy and tour companies usually have good places to stay.

I paid for a 10 person dorm in the female area as it was the cheapest option for one night. I paid 18 pounds for the night and barely slept a wink. The dorm was full and there were people coming and going all night which is fine if there was a small light on the bed which worked. The light on my bed didnt and I felt bad turning on the main light when it was 5am when I was leaving.

The bed was hard as a rock and every time I rolled over it made a noise as did all the others in the room. It was impossible to sleep.

There was only two power points which made it impossible to charge anything as everyone wanted to use it.

The store box above the bed was good. There was little place to fit luggage - luckily I only had an over night bag which fitted under the bed. A pack would not fit under the bed.

The staff were nice although the lasy who served me spoke okay english but was hard to understand. She was new and learning the ropes but did a really good job and was helpful.

It is lacking free wifi. I went around the corner to McDonalds to use theres for free to send an email. Why pay when you dont have too.

I would say this place is okay but pick somewhere better.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ClinkE78, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Amelia S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

We have a security team patrolling the corridors to maintain noise levels. Please feel free to come and speak with one of our friendly team, we have a 24 hour reception, if you have any issues or queries.

We have recently lowered our wifi prices, now it is only £3.00 for 24 hour unlimited good quality access.

We hope you enjoyed your Top Deck tour and hope to welcome you back at Clink78 again soon!

Clink78 Team
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Everybody there was so kind and always smiling. Decoration was also amazing, loved the court computer room. Good hostel overall, only missing the free wifi.

• Stayed April 2012
Dear sazii,

Thank you for your review. Our team here at Clink78 really appreciate your lovely feedback!

Enjoys your travels, looking forward to your next visit!

Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed as a group in November 2011 and checked in quite late at night. We had basement rooms, people were stood right outside the window but the room was boiling hot so we couldn't shut it. My fiance's room had bars across the windows even though his room was ages away from an exit and 10 people in a room that was big enough for about 4, explains why they are called 'prison rooms'! There was music thudding through the walls, maybe I should have expected this from a hostel but having stayed in one in Berlin that was fantastic and for a similar price to this, it was a bit of a shock.

My fiance and I left about an hour after arriving and luckily got a room at a Premier inn which was nice but added an extra £117 onto our trip... Even some of our group who didn't get back until 4am (drunk) commented the next day that it wasn't great and they'd only slept there for about 4 hours. I'm sure some people aren't bothered about this kind of hostel but definitely not for me!

Room Tip: Don't choose a basement room! (the cheapest rooms I think)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Han0406

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very expensive for what it offers. There was no option for a one person room, so you are force to pay for at least two people if you want to have a room on your own.. Which I found outrageous, forcing your clients to pay more than they should. The room was ok in terms of cleanliness, but very small.. it was depressing how small it was actually.. the lighting in the room was below average: there was a window, so during the day there was light in the room, but at night the light was inadequate because the light bulb was not powerful enough (the light was yellowish). A very good location to move around as it is very close to the train station, I give them excellency on this one. However, the hotel was full of teenage tourists -mainly germans- who were not respecting the rules of quite hours. very annoying if you have things to do in the morning and have to wake up early. Generally the insulation between rooms was good, but you could hear slamming doors and chatting on the corridor all the time. The breakfast was not satisfying. I would expect to see something more having paid so much money. They only had cereals and bread with butter/marmalade. a bit of cheese and ham would not harm! Also, there is automatic light in the toilette and the showers. When I went to take a shower, the automatic light in the bathroom turned off on its own (because I was in the shower and there was no movement in the room where the light sensor was. Another trick to make you have really short showers so that they can minimize the expenses on water. Another thing that I found annoying was that I had to carry my towel, bed sheets etc downstairs when I was checking out. Again, the clients pay so much money and they cannot afford taking the bedsheets from the room? I had luggage to carry, and I had to carry the sheets as well... Seriously?? The people at the reception were quite nice and helpful and they ordered a taxi for me when i needed it. They also made sure that the taxi comes as quickly as possible, as I was in a hurry. I really appreciated that. generally, i loved the service and the staff (they were very nice), but the experience from the hotel per se was average, if not below average.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ClinkE78, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Dear VonPriesterJohannes,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback!

We really appreciate your kind comments about our helpful, friendly team :)

Dormitories are booked by bed, however private rooms are booked per room. Some privates you can have between 1-3 people. Which in another light can work out a lot cheaper to share a private room.

We do have a lift to help bringing your luggage down at check out time, we also have a 24 hour reception team. Feel free to come and ask for assistance at any time and our team will be happy to help with your luggage :)

You described Clink78 in your review as a hotel, in fact we are a hostel. We do ask guest to bring down their linen at check out time but this is quite common in most hostels.

I hope you enjoy your travels! We hope to see you back again soon!

Peterborough, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Booked a week in advance.. no problems checking in, they didn't lose my booking so i was happy after flying from australia and having a 14h connection which i spent in the shanghai airport. So was nice to get here settle in and a place to sleep.
They have free brekkie in the morning from 07:00-10:00 and they also have free wifi now.
I stayed in a 10 bed dorm, it was clean. Toilets/showers were clean. The girl at reception was very nice to me on arrival and gave me a briefing about where everything was.

About a 20minute walk down to Thames River which is where everything is pretty well situated in terms of sight-seeing. You can also get a pass for the bus/tube if you don't want to walk.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Mattheww23
ClinkE78, Front Office Manager at Clink78, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Dear Matthew,

Thank you very much for taking time to write such a positive review!

We hope to see you around soon!!! :)

Enjoy the rest of your travels!

Clink 78 Team.