“Solo traveler, good experience”
Review of YHA London Central

YHA London Central
Ranked #20 of 896 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 11 February 2012

This was my first solo experience and it will not be my last. When I arrived, they helped me immediately at the reception and the staff was very friendly. My room (6 bed female en suite dorm) wasn't available yet but I could store my luggage downstairs.

The room was pretty small (L-shaped). A pair of beds was literally put in a corner of the room. You could hardly get in or out your bed without having to push yourself against the wall. But this is the only negative point I could give.

The room was tidy, the bathroom as well. But hey, what do you expect when you pay this little in the center of London? You probabely wake up when other people's alarm goes off or when they get in after partying, but that's normal in a 6 bed dorm so people shouldn't complain about that. If it bothers them, they should go to a hotel and stay there.
Also there were bedside lamps and places to plug in your mobile for everyone.

I had a nice stay and this will not be my last solo experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sarah D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for YHA London Central

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Liked: It is very close to all the main tourist attractions of London and a wonderful place to stay. 8th best hotel in london at trip advisor. Very very calm road in front of the hotel and because of the many fire doors, thanks to the modern building, sounds of the corridor don't go very far. Close to the stop of the Easybus.co.uk from stansted airport ,which is less expensive than the stansted express, and the big bus stop of oxford circus. Room was very clean and large enough for our group of 4 persons. Friendly reception and good prices at the bar/resto. Next time I'll probably book at YHA central london again!

Disliked: I had some difficulties with finding out how the douche worked and maybe they could put something on the website that in England the plugs are different, but I guess everybody knew that except us.

Room Tip: Take a 4 person room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank sailorRod
Reviewed 5 February 2012

My friends and I stayed here for a hen day/night and found it to have a good location near to Oxford street with very friendly knowledgeable staff and comfy clean accommodation. My friends had never stayed in a hostel before and they said they would go back. I would highly recommend this hostel :-)

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Walshy132
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed at YHA London Central as part of a reunion of friends I made while backpacking around the world. I had stayed in many YHA's in Australia and New Zealand and quite a few HI hostels around the world but I had never stayed in a hostel in my own country. I have to say that from the moment I walked into the ultra modern lobby area with its huge tube map I was impressed. The reception team were very helpful and friendly checking us in and offered some suggestions as to where we might go for a fun night out and even offered us a late check out service as they knew we were going to out late. The room was basic but very clean and the bed power sockets and bed lights are a nice touch- the beds themselves were surprisingly comfortable. The ensuite was again basic but clean and the shower had a good pressure. My friends found the new 'Beauty Room' in the basement a great addition as it is fitted with huge mirrors, hairstraighteners and hairdryers.
After a great night out in Camden, we were delighted to discover a smiling night receptionist making us delicious pizza and offering us lots of tap water. The following morning we were happy to find breakfast still available at 11.00 and tucked into a very reasonably priced continental style breakfast served with coffee of your choice.
On the negative side, no free wi fi is a bit disapointing, though when I was talking to a staff member they informed me that the price has been reduced and they hope that it will be free soon. Some of my group had long a go forgotten about the YHA/HI being a membership organisation and were surprised to have to pay a little extra (always read the small print!).
Overall, very impressed by this hostel and the friendly, international team really reflected the mix of guests that were hanging out in the cafe/bar. Will definately reccommend this to friends visiting London.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2012

It´s a very nice and friendly hostel. Good Staff and nice location. Just a few minutes walk to the metro.
The breakfest is not inclueded and it is a little bit expensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family