Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Review Highlights
Three Outstanding Adventures with Paul T.

My wife and I visited the UK earlier this year in March. We first booked a tour of Windsor for the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
GWFAdventures
Dayton, Ohio
Stonehenge and Windsor Castle

Sam Bond provided our group with an outstanding tour of Stonehenge and Windsor Castle. We had a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
billferrier
Elkton, Maryland

All reviews british history blenheim palace guide sam separate tours london city tour hampton court palace english countryside own pace day trip hour tour cotswolds oxford stonehenge sites bond knowledge tailor
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Our driver/guide Tom Turner was absolutely wonderful. We spent the day going to Stonehenge and Bath from the Four Seasons in Hampshire. From the moment Tom picked us up we didn’t stop learning. He was able to make a long day of touring fun for our 3 boys ranging in ages from 9 to 16. Would highly recommend Tom for a fun, educational day exploring what the English countryside has to offer.

1  Thank Adam G
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Our family with 4 members were with Sam Bond on a tour of Stratford upon Avon and the Cotswolds. It turned out to far beyond our expectations! Sam was not only extremely knowledgeable about everything on our tour, he was a wonderful person and totally accommodating. If we return back to the London area we will contact Sam again and plan another great tour! We strongly recommend Sam......wonderful day!

1  Thank Parker G
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Our contact with Guidelines began a number of months ago through an email introduction to George by Daniel one of the Concierge at the Sofitel St. James. George responded immediately and we started planning.

My partner has been researching his English genealogy for years and as a 70th birthday present we came to London to “see what we could see.” I explained to George that we already had extensive background information dating back to the 1100’s but wanted someone who could bring it all to life for us. George said he had in mind a historian and very experienced guide named Anne. We sent the detailed info which my partner had well organized and after a few back and forth clarifications and planning George confirmed that Anne would meet us at 9am on the appointed day.

As scheduled Anne met us at our hotel and for the next five hours took us on the most informative, enlightening and fun trip into Chuck’s past. She filled in all the gaps and we came to learn that Chucks 11th great uncle was in fact Lord Mayor of London twice in the 1500’s, was President of Bartholomew Hospital and helped create the Royal Exchange which predated The Bank of England!

Anne was like Mary Poppins on steroids. She clearly has a passion for history and there was quite literally no question she couldn’t answer. Her knowledge and great energy made for a remarkably rewarding experience. We would not hesitate to recommend George, Anne and Guidelines for anyone looking for a personalized, professional and utterly perfect experience.

This was the tour of a lifetime!!

2  Thank Jennifer T
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Guidelines made my whole visit to London! They offer knowledgeable guides who are intimately familiar with the area and very enthusiastic. This was my first time visiting the UK and I was able to get the most out of my experience thanks to Sophie and Hugh. We toured the city of London, tackled 3 castles, ventured to Oxford and Blenheim Palace, and much more. My guides could answer any question asked of them and provided fun facts as we maneuvered through the day. They were able to keep to the perfect schedule to complete everything on my wish list with the allotted time. I definitely wouldn't have been able to see as many sites without their help. Highly recommend guides from Guidelines to anyone trying to make the most out of a short amount of time or simply wanting to learn more about a topic/place. Thank you, Sophie and Hugh! It wouldn't have been the same experience without you!

1  Thank nb142018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Sam was awesome with our family on our day trip to Hampton Court and Windsor Castle.. Very friendly and knowledgable and made our day a superb combination of fun and learning for us and for our kids (ages 12, 10 and 9).. Thank you Sam!!

1  Thank Sharon R