All reviews central tube station northern line free parking on site clean and spacious rooms travel lodge budget option small supermarket top floor family room vending machine breakfast was buffet style london area long stay bus routes last minute booking easy access powerful shower
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Word of warning, don’t book here if your working late and want a lay in. Building work next to hotel started at break of dawn and totally ruined any chance of sleeping in! Sure without this going on it’s a great hotel to stay out!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Decent hotel for the money, what you would expect for a travel lodge. Great location on night tube.Word of warning for those arriving late, there is only one staff member on reception which can lead to significant waits on check-in. My personal wait > 30 mins, I got changed in bar toilet and went for a run to avoid waiting any longer. Others who's key didn't work were told the wait would be 30mins + and got a pint while they waited, they still had to pay for it though. Of course no apology from staff either. All in all average hotel, good price and location but potentially awful service if you time it wrong.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
TravelodgeUK, Molly from the Social Media Team at Travelodge London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback following your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to learn of your experience and would like to look into this further for you.

Therefore, may we kindly request that you contact our Customer Services Team so that we can investigate this more thoroughly with the Hotel.

Thank you again for your comments, and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Stayed for over a week, unfortunately. During that whole time, the cups and spoons in my room were not replaced once. Some days room service would skip my room entirely. In days they *did* attend to my room, they would just fix my bed - replenishing towels and toilet paper only happened on days we were lucky. On several occasions I had to ask reception for towels and TP, and once - when there was no one at reception - I had to go to the bathroom at the lobby to get a roll from there.

Oh, and one day I came back to my room to find this delightful surprise in the toilet (photo attached).

Mind you, some of the nights are more than 100 pounds per night! You would think you'd get toilet paper and towels for £100...

I chose the Travelodge Finchely over others because it had good reviews here on TA - so I'm leaving this one here - if a night's stay is more than £30 - look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Tip: look for rooms at a higher floor, far from the elevator and at a different hotel :)
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to learn that your room was not serviced every day of your stay.

If you wish to contact us directly to give us more feedback, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team via our website.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stayed for two nights at this hotel. We arrived quite late on a Friday evening and the small family room that we'd booked was not made up for a family. The manager was surly and huffy with me when I asked for an extra bed and a cot. There wasn't enough parking (and a non-guest had parked over two spaces frustratingly) so that was a hassle (with two small children in tow). The whole corridor absolutely stank of marijuana on the Friday night. The service and hotel did seem to improve on the second night however - we moved to a larger family room and we were able to get parking. The staff were friendlier on the the Saturday night too.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Excellent place near to underground, very clean and comfortable and perfect price. I have staying many times to Traveloge hotels but the Finchley Central was one of the best. I am comming back soon. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple