All reviews central tube station northern line travel lodge nice clean hotel shower curtain top floor comfy bed bus routes short stay family room few minutes walk night stay easy access ideal location leicester square light sleeper stayed for two nights
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Stayed for over a week, unfortunately. During that whole time, the cups and spoons in my room were not replaced once. Some days room service would skip my room entirely. In days they *did* attend to my room, they would just fix my bed - replenishing towels and toilet paper only happened on days we were lucky. On several occasions I had to ask reception for towels and TP, and once - when there was no one at reception - I had to go to the bathroom at the lobby to get a roll from there.

Oh, and one day I came back to my room to find this delightful surprise in the toilet (photo attached).

Mind you, some of the nights are more than 100 pounds per night! You would think you'd get toilet paper and towels for £100...

I chose the Travelodge Finchely over others because it had good reviews here on TA - so I'm leaving this one here - if a night's stay is more than £30 - look elsewhere.

Room tip: Tip: look for rooms at a higher floor, far from the elevator and at a different hotel :)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TravelodgeUK, Ben from the Social Media Team at Travelodge London Finchley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to learn that your room was not serviced every day of your stay.

If you wish to contact us directly to give us more feedback, please be aware that you can always contact our Customer Services team via our website.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We stayed for two nights at this hotel. We arrived quite late on a Friday evening and the small family room that we'd booked was not made up for a family. The manager was surly and huffy with me when I asked for an extra bed and a cot. There wasn't enough parking (and a non-guest had parked over two spaces frustratingly) so that was a hassle (with two small children in tow). The whole corridor absolutely stank of marijuana on the Friday night. The service and hotel did seem to improve on the second night however - we moved to a larger family room and we were able to get parking. The staff were friendlier on the the Saturday night too.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Excellent place near to underground, very clean and comfortable and perfect price. I have staying many times to Traveloge hotels but the Finchley Central was one of the best. I am comming back soon. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2018

Staff well trained and very polite - made me feel most welcome when I checked in - excellent choice at breakfast, the cooked breakfast was cooked well and served hot.Would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2018

A last minute booking which turned out well. Staff were cheerful and helpful. Room clean and comfortable and bedrooms are away from main road. The hotel is a very short walk from Finchley Central Underground station.

• Trip type: Travelled on business