“Try the pies! Admire the ambient”

Waxy O'Connor's Pub
Ranked #556 of 24,017 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Irish pub with 4 bars over 6 floors linked by a maze of staircases and passages. We have live music four nights a week plus Irish trad sessions on Sundays. With 6 big screens throughout the venue, we're the perfect place for watching your favourite sporting event including Rugby, GAA, Champions League and the Magner's League Ideal for after work drinks, Christmas functions, parties or entertaining clients. We also work closely with tour operators arranging group bookings with set menus available. .
Reviewed 4 August 2017

The pies were incredible, very very very tasty! The place is huge so I went for a tour through all the rooms and absolutely loved the style and decoration. In one room people were watching a game on a screen i liked that

Glendola Irish B, Guest Relations Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Hello

Thanks for the great review!

We're glad you enjoyed our pies, they are very tasty, and the atmosphere at Waxy's.

Come back soon and join us for a game!

Kind Regards

Frankie

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Came here to watch hurling match and no sound to watch game ??? Manager hadnt a clue. Wont be coming back !!

1  Thank Keith R
Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Hello Keith,

I'm sorry there was no sound yesterday for the game.
The Manager did try and fix the problem and made several phone calls to engineers, but they were unable to solve the issue.
Unfortunately from time to time these things happen. An engineer is on site now and will get the sound working by the end of the day. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

You need to have a word with one of your female members of staff who was working last night. We regularly go to your branch in Glasgow where the service is always friendly and efficient. When we came across your branch in China town we had no hesitation about going in. However, last night we witnessed and were on the receiving end of the most rude and aggressive service we've seen in a bar (other customers also witnessed and remarked on her rude manner). Needless to say we left disappointed and won't be back. Please provide an email where we can contact the manager with details. Thanks.

1  Thank superchica1
Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was not a positive one.
I will investigate your comments fully and ensure that a resolve is found.
If you would like to discuss your visit further I would be very happy to speak with you, please contact me direct at:
gmlondon@waxyoconnors.co.uk

I'm glad that that all your visits to the Glasgow Waxy's is always positive and I will pass on your kind comments to their GM.

Kindest regards,

Sean Donnelly

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was walking down on Chinatown, looking for something to eat and found a door with the sighn of Waxy O'Conner's Pup. I thought why not a drink before dinner. Wow what a surprise was waiting. Waxy is not your ordenary pub. It's part of club, where you can warm up before hitting the clubs. There are different bars on different floors and even trees. Had really fun. I asume in the noise the bartender could not understand me, cause I got the wrong gin for my drink. But that is complained on high level.
I really enjoyed it there and will be back on my nex trip to London.

Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the nice review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent visit
Please come back and see us again the next time you're passing.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Enjoyed a great Irish pub experience in London. After venturing past a dark bar the pub opens up into a warren of rooms each with their own characteristics. The underground pub is fantastic. Food traditional pub fare, with beers cold and fresh. Good stuff!

Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Hello,

Thank you for the nice review.

Please come back and see us again soon.