“Very rude barmaid so we left”

Waxy O'Connor's Pub
Ranked #530 of 23,211 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 27
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Soho
Description: Irish pub with 4 bars over 6 floors linked by a maze of staircases and passages. We have live music four nights a week plus Irish trad sessions on Sundays. With 6 big screens throughout the venue, we're the perfect place for watching your favourite sporting event including Rugby, GAA, Champions League and the Magner's League Ideal for after work drinks, Christmas functions, parties or entertaining clients. We also work closely with tour operators arranging group bookings with set menus available. .
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

You need to have a word with one of your female members of staff who was working last night. We regularly go to your branch in Glasgow where the service is always friendly and efficient. When we came across your branch in China town we had no hesitation about going in. However, last night we witnessed and were on the receiving end of the most rude and aggressive service we've seen in a bar (other customers also witnessed and remarked on her rude manner). Needless to say we left disappointed and won't be back. Please provide an email where we can contact the manager with details. Thanks.

Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I'm sorry to hear that your recent visit was not a positive one.
I will investigate your comments fully and ensure that a resolve is found.
If you would like to discuss your visit further I would be very happy to speak with you, please contact me direct at:
gmlondon@waxyoconnors.co.uk

I'm glad that that all your visits to the Glasgow Waxy's is always positive and I will pass on your kind comments to their GM.

Kindest regards,

Sean Donnelly

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Waxy O'Connor's Pub

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was walking down on Chinatown, looking for something to eat and found a door with the sighn of Waxy O'Conner's Pup. I thought why not a drink before dinner. Wow what a surprise was waiting. Waxy is not your ordenary pub. It's part of club, where you can warm up before hitting the clubs. There are different bars on different floors and even trees. Had really fun. I asume in the noise the bartender could not understand me, cause I got the wrong gin for my drink. But that is complained on high level.
I really enjoyed it there and will be back on my nex trip to London.

Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Thank you for the nice review.

I'm glad you enjoyed your recent visit
Please come back and see us again the next time you're passing.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Enjoyed a great Irish pub experience in London. After venturing past a dark bar the pub opens up into a warren of rooms each with their own characteristics. The underground pub is fantastic. Food traditional pub fare, with beers cold and fresh. Good stuff!

Sean D, General Manager at Waxy O'Connor's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for the nice review.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Came here for a drink with an old friend and had no idea what to expect as I haven't heard of it, but I was definitely not disappointed. Didn't realise it would be huge and that there were two entrances, one on Wardour and one on Rupert St. The interior is amazing and really creative. Really great. Drinks are normal prices and had plenty to choose from. Didn't eat here so don't know how that is, but a great pub to visit when you're in London. Wonderful atmosphere and great location. I will definitely be bringing visitors here!

Thank you for the nice review.

It's great to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed our extensive drinks range.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Take some time to explore this unique interior of this pub. It is hard to say it has many floors. It is more like levels and hidden corners. Mutton pot stew was very good. Also Crispy Squid was excellent. Beer was cold. Do I need to say more.

1  Thank 1RG1JG

Hello,

Thank you for the nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed our cold beer and home cooked food.

Please come back and see us again the next time you are passing.