“Not Impressed”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Clapham / Battersea
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Customer service awful, waitress was not attentive and left me and my niece waiting ages to order. When finally the waitress did approach us her attitude was nothing to be admired, this meant me and my niece skipped dessert.
I will not be visiting this branch again unless is that last option available and this is such a shame as this is my local branch.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Busy early evening - better to book a table - but we were looked after very well. The place is very pleasant and clean with an open kitchen. Prices are high - over £14 for the better pizzas, but they are on Tastecard and have a 2for1 offer for returners and mains for £5 offer online. A good range of pizzas. Too many bread based starters. Quality of food was fine, but my thin and crispy pizza was thin and not crispy at all.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Arrived at the restaurant in the early evening. It was fairly busy as you would expect at this time. My mother and I were seated at a table in a corner next to where the food was being prepared. We sat and waited.. and waited.. and waited.. It was about 20 minutes before a waiter eventually came to our table. She even asked if we needed more time before taking our order?!!!

Meanwhile a family of four came in, and were seated next to our table, and was served before us???

When asked if we enjoyed the meal, we explained that we were not happy, due to the long wait with no apology/no drinks offered whilst waiting/others being served before us, to then be given an answer that did not make any sense whatsoever. But as a result we had a percentage knocked off the bill, and rightly so.

Will not be returning to this restaurant again.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank Mishydishy
Reviewed 17 April 2017

We stopped off here after a day out, we must have been fortunate as we got a table easily, the service was okay but then it all stops...

Considering we were in a restaurant on a afternoon that was not busy at all (1 of only 4 tables occupied) The meals came out one after the other, the spa Bol (children) was two different colours of sauce) the pizzas were warm only, drinks were okay but to be honest we couldn't really understand the waitress so a lot of things were sorted by other staff members.

In and out in just under an hour...

having eaten in may other Pizza Express restaurants this doesn't remotely match, not a good representation of the chain, across the road is another Italian restaurant that was busy....

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2017

No good service or kindness. Pizza is OK as franchised shop. Service OK but just standard as franchised shop. We ate dough ball for starter, then a pizza and kids menu. At the end my daughtor ate dough ball, pizza then dough ball with heavy cream for desert. If I have heart, I will give a bit of advise, especially for the children. End up adult even help to finish. Too much bread, dough, dough, dough!!

After that experience, I went the restaurant again for the pizza cooking experience as school trip. I went as a parent assistant for the 6 to 7 years old children.The restaurant canceled the day before but we did not know. Just they sent an e-mail and no confirmation phone or anything to directly to the school. Shop manager insist we have not checked e-mail etc, and even no kind wards for the children already at the entrance, in front of her. Some of children even started crying. They are honorable children, even we know we were wrong but she could give a bit of greed to the children. How can she work service industry and as a manager ??

These two experience tell how this restaurant service like.
If you want enjoy the pizza, it is OK but do not expect good service. Here is all standard. If you have choice, I recommend to go same franchise shop near the battersea bridge. You feel more welcome and heart.

Date of visit: December 2016