“Tasty, yum!”

Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 64
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Good food, great service, nice atmosphere and nicer prices.

This place is a real treat - I recommend everyone to try the pork

Naomi R, General Manager at Restaurant at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2017

thank you Janie, the pork is my favourite too, we hope to see you again

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I wouldn't be writing this review if it wasn't for one of the waitresses getting stroppy with me. We were a table of four: we ordered at the same time, but paid separately. One of the roasts arrived 20 minutes before the others, which I asked about, but the waitress wasn't particularly friendly in her response. Not the chef's fault at all.

1  Thank Jon W
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

The place is in a great location. The food was not the best sunday roast ever but was good, specially the pork, the service was great and the place had a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Went for a Sunday roast to the Royal Oak with ten friends.

We were asked to pre-order the week before, but when we arrived the veggie option (which five of us had ordered) had been changed from mushroom Wellington to roast butternut squash and beetroot; one thin strip of butternut squash and one beetroot, served with carrots, greens and roast potatoes, no sauce or gravy. It was a double portion of vegetables posing as a Sunday roast.

When we complained the owner didn't apologise and blamed us for misunderstanding the menu. She eventually charged us £5 instead of £11 for the veggie option, but we would have just preferred a proper meal.

Others in our group had the beef and said it was tasty but for £17.50 was overpriced. They also tried to overcharge for sticky toffee puddings which we also felt were overpriced at £6 but initially charged at £6.50 on the bill.

The staff were nice, but the abruptness of the owner and the veggie main made this a very disappointing experience.

2  Thank Hibethnal
Naomi R, Owner at Restaurant at The Royal Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Hi
I am so very sorry I came across as abrupt and you didn't get what you originally saw on the menu and pre ordered ,
Unfortunately the vegetarian dish was changed on the day.
The new dish on the menu was shown to you with the price when you were seated with the opportunity for you to change your choice which one person at your table took.
When you got your meal and first mentioned that it was not a 'wellington' that you thought is was going to be, although there was no mention of wellington on the new menu, without being asked I offered to reduce the price and dropped it to £9.50.
Sorry for the typo on the price of the sticky toffee.
I am sorry if this was all to expensive but this is the cost of the fresh produce we get in and running a business in the heart of London, I really wish it wasn't.
Although nothing is an excuse for coming across as abrupt I am sorry for the lack of thorough communication and thank you for your feed back.
I take it on board and hope to not have another situation alike to yours in the future,
Yours Sincerely
Naomi

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The outside is not inviting but once you go through the threshold , you get a much cozier feel. Food is nice and if you go any day other than sunday (market day) you can easily find a table. In summer they also have a backyard that opens onto the road at the back, very lively. Staff can be rude