“Severe Food poisoning!”

Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 27
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Our menu is made up of tasty Italian dishes from pizza, pasta and risotto to salads and indulgent desserts but always with a twist - like a classic Carbonara with a chorizo crumb or a traditional garlic bread with mozzarella & 'Nduja sausage. We strive to bring out our customer's inner foodies by constantly innovating our menu and adding delicious & exciting ingredients like vegan jackfruit pepperoni, wild boar meatballs and 'Nduja sausage to name a few. Whether you're a meat-eater, veggie, vegan or gluten-free we have a dish to suit all tastes & requirements.
Reviewed 11 February 2015

I am writing to say how disgusted I am ........we had a celebratory family meal at Zizzi's this evening, being my daughter's favourite restaurant, and 2 hours later she suffered severe stomach cramps and was violently sick. We had all ordered something different, and she had her usual Spaghetti Carbonara. I did wonder what may have gone into it, as my initial order for Fiorentina Pizza was turned back, as they had run out of eggs, and I wondered how you could make Carbonara without eggs... I assumed you had some ready-made sauce. I am really angry that a big well- known chain like Zizzi's, where we have eaten many times, can have given my daughter such bad food poisoning and have spoilt our lovely evening together. How disgusting....what on earth must be going on behind the scenes for such a simple dish to have been subjected to such poor hygiene?

Date of visit: February 2015
Write a reviewReviews (712)

Reviewed 11 February 2015 via mobile

Brought my parents here for a pre show meal. My mum had the raviolli di capri, which she often enjoys and recommends when we go to Zizzis, and enjoyed once again. I had the rustic pizza that was on special, which I highly recommend, while my father very much enjoyed the Casa Pol Piccan. We all had, enjoyed and recommend the chocolate praline melt for dessert.
I'm so glad that I phoned and booked an early table (for 5 pm), as although the place was half empty when we arrived, by 6 pm they were full and had people waiting.
The staff are also very friendly and helpful. All worth the weight in gold.
The only suggestion I will make is that they remove a couple of tables. I appreciate they do get very busy, but in some areas it seemed tables were on top of one another. However, I think I'm probably just being fussey.

2  Thank travelbug045
Reviewed 5 February 2015

We had the worst pizzas that we have ever tasted at Zizzi yesterday. We will not be going to any Zizzi again. Disappointing as we had always considered the chain dependable.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 5 February 2015

I often eat here for casual business lunches, normally in a group of at least six people. The food is always very good, and the service efficient and friendly. It's good value, and the menu is varied and interesting for this type of restaurant, with good vegetarian options.

Right in the middle of The Strand, it's a handy location too, and although the room is large it has a good atmosphere and it's particularly nice that it has an open kitchen so that you can watch the chefs working.

I'd recommend it and will continue to go back.

Date of visit: January 2015
4  Thank SeasideFan57
Reviewed 3 February 2015 via mobile

Nice setting, good service, horrible toilets but the pizza I ordered was lovely. This is better than the other pizza chains. Will return.

2  Thank garyf654