“Excellent food and service!!”

The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #221 of 24,553 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 104
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant is one of the capital's most loved culinary institutions. Now over 50 years old and boasting a chic refurbishment by interior designer du jour Martin Brudnizki, The Rib Room remains the destination of choice for foodies in London. The menu has been reinvigorated by Michelin-starred chef Ian Rudge, with dishes like breast of Loomswood duck, honey crusted drum stick, pear, parsnip purée, shaved chestnuts and fig sauce, and old favourites such as the legendary Aberdeen Angus rib of beef. With a new keenly priced lunch menu including trolley service dish of the day and the return of Sunday lunch, The Rib Room offers memorable dining in distinctive surroundings. The striking interior features a glamorous cocktail bar, 3 private dining rooms, and a cigar terrace, with all offering an air of understated elegance. Artwork by Feliks Topolski decorates the restaurant, recalling famous faces and places of the 20th century. With an extensive wine list of more than 450 bottles compiled by head sommelier Louise Gordon, and a unique gin and bitters experience served by the spirited bartenders, The Rib Room is an all-round gourmet experience.
Reviewed 22 June 2017

As soon as we walked in we could already tell it was going to be a lovely meal, the greeter took our coats and there was live music playing. The staff were absolutely impeccable, very welcoming and nothing seemed like too much trouble to them. On top of this, the food was incredible!! We had the 3 course and drink offer, but I would definitely go again and pay full price! Brilliant evening; didn't want to leave! We will be back after the refurbishment!!

JumeirahGroup, Manager at The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi Zoe R,

I'm so glad that you came to visit us.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and live music. We have a great live music line up every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 7.30pm until 10.00pm.

We're now open again so please do come back and visit! We have a really lovely Sunday Roast Lunch set menu on offer every Sunday.

Many thanks,
Pauline Dubord
General Manager, The Rib Room

Reviewed 9 May 2017

The smoked salmon starter and roast beef entree were delicious and plentiful. The service also could not be faulted! However the price of extras was excessive ! One of our group had nothing to eat or drink except a plate of smoked salmon and he was still charged the set price of £55 for this ! It would make me think twice about returning! Also my guest was charged £30 for parking his car!!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I'm so sad that the Rib Room is closing its doors. Change will always come but this restaurant is one of my absolute favourites! The staff are always so helpful and friendly. The food is amazing!!!! Will be sorely missed!

1  Thank jilll692
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The service was exemplary. The food was average to poor in parts. Bread rolls too floury. I had cheese souffle as a starter (ok) and my husband - a salad. For my main, I had the roast beef from the a la carte menu, which quality was good but the gravy? Thin and watery, the Yorkshire puddings far too salty. My husband had liver and onions which was nice. Our friends had similar food, but one had a steak, too thin. Mean.

The desserts were a total let down. Rhubarb and custard (a poor attempt) and the treacle tart was a joke. Soggy pastry and over sweet filling.

We were not over heavy on the drinks, and the bill for four was north of £400. Terribly expensive for what we had. It felt like conveyor belt food. Lost it's touch from years ago.

If the service hadn't been so good, I would have given it a poor rating.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

Really enjoyed a great dinner here. We received a warm welcome from the friendly staff and had a very good meal. White onion veloute to start was creamy, delicate and tasty accompanied with a basket of warm bread, followed by the main of roast beef and yorkshire pudding (the smaller size was plenty for us) it was possibly the best roast beef I've had in London, tender, juicy, cooked properly and served piping hot. Roast potatoes and vegetable side dishes were very good and there was no ridiculous supplement for them either. Our set dinner came with a glass of prosecco which we enjoyed with our starter so we had a good glass of red with our mains which was reasonably priced. To finish we had the blueberry souffle and again it was excellent, with a good flavour. Overall this was a really good meal. I would definitely recommend this place and would happily return. We heard that Tom Kerridge is taking over soon and really hope he won't change things too much, it would be a shame.