“Terrific meal but ridiculously priced!”

The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #157 of 25,573 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 104
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant is one of the capital's most loved culinary institutions. Now over 50 years old and boasting a chic refurbishment by interior designer du jour Martin Brudnizki, The Rib Room remains the destination of choice for foodies in London. The menu boasts seasonal dishes with dishes like the classic prawn cocktail, and legendary Aberdeen Angus rib of beef. The striking interior features a glamorous cocktail bar, 3 private dining rooms, and a cigar terrace, with all offering an air of understated elegance.
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The smoked salmon starter and roast beef entree were delicious and plentiful. The service also could not be faulted! However the price of extras was excessive ! One of our group had nothing to eat or drink except a plate of smoked salmon and he was still charged the set price of £55 for this ! It would make me think twice about returning! Also my guest was charged £30 for parking his car!!

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I'm so sad that the Rib Room is closing its doors. Change will always come but this restaurant is one of my absolute favourites! The staff are always so helpful and friendly. The food is amazing!!!! Will be sorely missed!

1  Thank jilll692
Reviewed 10 April 2017

The service was exemplary. The food was average to poor in parts. Bread rolls too floury. I had cheese souffle as a starter (ok) and my husband - a salad. For my main, I had the roast beef from the a la carte menu, which quality was good but the gravy? Thin and watery, the Yorkshire puddings far too salty. My husband had liver and onions which was nice. Our friends had similar food, but one had a steak, too thin. Mean.

The desserts were a total let down. Rhubarb and custard (a poor attempt) and the treacle tart was a joke. Soggy pastry and over sweet filling.

We were not over heavy on the drinks, and the bill for four was north of £400. Terribly expensive for what we had. It felt like conveyor belt food. Lost it's touch from years ago.

If the service hadn't been so good, I would have given it a poor rating.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Really enjoyed a great dinner here. We received a warm welcome from the friendly staff and had a very good meal. White onion veloute to start was creamy, delicate and tasty accompanied with a basket of warm bread, followed by the main of roast beef and yorkshire pudding (the smaller size was plenty for us) it was possibly the best roast beef I've had in London, tender, juicy, cooked properly and served piping hot. Roast potatoes and vegetable side dishes were very good and there was no ridiculous supplement for them either. Our set dinner came with a glass of prosecco which we enjoyed with our starter so we had a good glass of red with our mains which was reasonably priced. To finish we had the blueberry souffle and again it was excellent, with a good flavour. Overall this was a really good meal. I would definitely recommend this place and would happily return. We heard that Tom Kerridge is taking over soon and really hope he won't change things too much, it would be a shame.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Whilst staying at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower invited some business colleagues for a steak dinner as it has been here 50yrs and has an excellent reputation.
We all had a different steak and all heaped high praise!

1  Thank Riki747