“Service ”

Ranked #5,740 of 25,288 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 100
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Description: The Duke on the Green is a stunning example of a long established pub that, over the years has evolved to a present day design. Situated in pretty Parsons Green on the iconic New Kings Road side. We pride ourselves on our provenance by serving locally sourced, seasonal British food. We stock an extensive range of locally brewed craft beers, London distilled spirits along with a selection of fine wines, classic and contemporary cocktails. Come and visit we look forward to greeting you.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Will never never drink in this public house ever again
Bar staff so rude so asked to speak to manager and was told she was not in
So asked for duty manager and was told that I was speaking with him
Never met such a rude young man (Barry or harry )
Just told me that I didn’t have to drink there and that there was a public house on other side of green then just walked off
Think that there should be more staff as it was very busy but he didn’t have to be so rude

Duke Green E, Sales Marketing & Events at Duke on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Stuart,

May I start by thanking you for taking the time to complete a review. Without your comments we would have no guidance for improvement. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it is imperative that we deliver high standards at all times. On this occasion we have failed.

I would like to assure you that your comments have been passed onto the General Manager, Maria Dunning, who will investigate thoroughly and take appropriate action with the member of staff involved.

We do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A great pub for a Sunday roast and afterworks drinks. Historical pub beautifully renovated. Great food and friendly atmosphere, dog friendly too which is perfect for a day out.

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are so happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

The other half and I arranged to meet friends for lunch one Sunday and it was left to them to reserve a table. It was their suggestion as a good place to go so we had no prior knowledge.

At some stage another friend had agreed to come along too but this information hadn't been passed on. It wasn't until we arrived (a little earlier than our other friends) that we found out that the table which had been reserved wasn't going to be large enough.

This wasn't treated as a problem by the waitress who had greeted us and very shortly, despite the place being pretty busy, another table was found.

Service was good, excellent Sunday roasts, good hamburgers. Can't complain and overall we were very pleased.

Duke Green E, Sales Marketing & Events at Duke on the Green, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hey

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Team Duke

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Was persuaded to give my closest pub a second chance today.
The roast beef consisted of meat that must have been cheapest bit of rubbish around, the veg were hugely over cooked, they had run out of Yorkshire’s, the whole plateful was tepid and to finish off, it was utterly drowned in dreadful gravy.
Is Neil still the landlord? If so Neil, sort yourself out. There were plates of half eaten food that had been sitting around over half an hour when we left. The staff couldn’t give a toss so when you’ve fired the cook have a close look at the manager.

1  Thank Antonine D

Dear Antonine

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your visit on 25th March. I was sorry to read of your disappointment. However, I can confirm we pride ourselves on our staff training and how attentive each member of the team is to our customers needs. As such I would like to address a few points raised in your review.

I can confirm that the meat we use is British assured and reasonably sourced through our meat suppliers who provide us with quality cuts. The fact that the meat you were served did not meet with the standard expected from us, I can only apologise for. I have spoken with our Chef regarding all issues raised about your meal and as such he has relayed your comments to our supplier.

Sunday's are our busiest day. Because of this, we do often run out of certain products, on this occasion it was Yorkshire Puddings. Our Yorkshire's are very popular and loved, I understand how disappointing it is to not have a main component to a roast dinner for this I again apologise. We do advise our customers booking for a Sunday roast, where possible to, pre-order their favourite dish. This way we can ensure all ingredients are available.

Finally, please allow me to offer my apologies for the lack of staff on your visit. Unfortunately, when we are short staffed, our housekeeping can be overlooked. Which often results in tables not being cleared as quickly as usual.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies.

Yours sincerely

Sale Marketing & Events
The Duke on the Green

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Had a quick lunch, no booking but they managed to fit me in. Service was great really warming and welcoming Francesca was my waitress recommended the sausage and mash seeing as it was a cold snowy day. Was very tasty and I did not have to wait long at all dispute the rugby being on. I will defiantly be back.

1  Thank Shaun v