“Best burrito in Liverpool and perfect for Vegetarians and Vegans!”

Evil Eye - Beer and Burrito Shack
Ranked #535 of 1,991 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 9
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2016

The atmosphere and service in Evil Eye are top notch, but I'm guessing that's a given to expect anywhere really. What makes the difference in Evil Eye is the quality of the burritos, tacos and other various mexican dishes available and the variety of ways you can choose to fill them.

Personally as a veggie I'm bored of just getting left with other burrito huts only having boring veg filled burritos on offer. Here you can get Halloumi which is simply divine, or even meat substitutes if halloumi is somehow not your thing.

Drinks wise they've got a great range of American IPA's to accompany your food and a small beer garden out back for making the most of our 3 days of summer each year.

Oh and the final positive - price, Evil Eye is pretty reasonable matching the student culture of Smithdown's institutes. Monday's see 2 for £8 burritos and there's often deals on drink to accompany that.

The only real negative is the size, as it's so damn good if you go at a peak time you might not get a seat.

1  Thank mhowarth182

Reviewed 22 October 2016

I've been going to Evil Eye now for well over a year now. I must go at LEAST once a fortnight..there's not a single thing that my friends and I haven't had on the menu. Our favourites are Cluck Norris (with extra guacamole), No Pollos Hermanos Veggie Burrito (with extra halloumi) and the jalepeno poppers - they're all cheap as chips by the way and they accept the Independent Liverpool card.

A great place for a family meal, celebration, date night, birthday & ESPECIALLY a hungover meal.

The food, staff, atmosphere and drinks are incredible. It's a small venue so sometimes it's hard to get a table..but there is always a garden in the back with a little Tiki Shack and fairy lights. Live music, the quizzes, the chilli garlic cholula...the list is endless of great things about Evil Eye.

I just hope the place doesn't get too popular so I can selfishly always get a table.

Date of visit: October 2016
3  Thank Allie W
Reviewed 18 October 2016

Had lunch with my 10 yr old son. Both enjoyed the meal and we can give the best recommondations. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere.

2  Thank Gruzom
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Been here a few times, love the decor, great atmosphere- very relaxed, staff are very friendly and helpful and they serve amazing food! Especially like the cosy little beer garden.

Date of visit: October 2016
2  Thank Emily R
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

So, initially my first 2 visits to Evil Eye were very pleasant and enjoyable. However, more recently food quality has slipped, along with service. On ordering chips with our burritos, I was surprised to find that these were apparently classed as a starter, as we received our chips and then nearly 30 mins later received our burritos. They didn't have much sauce, and considering the long wait, we just ate them anyway as by this time we were starving.