“Amazing ribs a gem”

Ranked #176 of 1,948 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 52
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: From the creative minds of Santa Chupitos, El Bandito, 81LTD and Salt Dog Slim's comes the hotly anticipated, Slim's Pork Chop Express. XX BBQ and Smokes.
Reviewed 16 August 2016

A Sunday evening trip into town and took a chance for a table here, fitted us in although it was busy, service was a bit slow we had to ask for menus but once we ordered it was ok, had a corn dog for starters, disappointed really 2 of them not that tastey and small, mains were definitely better beef ribs pulled pork and sweet potato fries, also loe pan fries were very good fries in a curry sauce tastey.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I had a terrible meal here on a celebratory meal with my partner. We ordered chicken and waffles, and the waffle was not edible as it was raw on the inside. We also ordered the duck fries, there was no cheese on them, the 'gravy' was instead something which resembled soy sauce and all together was inedible anyway as the chips were rock hard. We were equally disappointed by the BBQ chicken wings, which we had ordered 16 of, as they were flavourless and the 'BBQ' sauce was not what I would imagine anyone would have in mind when ordering. We did order a few other things as well which were average and seemed to be reheated?.. Our waitress was lovely, however. Neither of us complained as we were there for a special occasion and didn't want to ruin it, however the majority of the food was left uneaten by the both of us. This was a very disappointing experience as we had previously heard good reviews. I took the time to email the restaurant before posting this review but got no response.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

Ate here saturday night. We didn't have a reservation but just took a chance, the girl said it would be around a 20 minute wait so we had a drink at the bar (they've got some nice drinks). After about 10 mins we were seated in the cool upstairs section. The food was great and we didn't have to wait long for it. The prices are very reasonable and it staff are fantastic, cracking little place. Recommended

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We were here for my partners birthday and I'd been promised a fantastic meal so,I suppose I arrived with high expectations. The atmosphere was buzzy and the service was most helpful and efficient. My issue was with the food. The flavours and combinations just did not work for me. The chilli chips were with pulled pork and not mince as I had hoped,and the seasoning was too hot.,the brisket was very good so I cannot fault that as was the sweet corn. I,just think that the salads didn't compliment the meats and the whole ensemble just missed the mark, can't put my finger on it but I didn't enjoy it. Just did not like the combinations. I'm sure it will continue to flourish that's just my,opinion

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

Decided to try this place out after reading Tripadvisor reviews. The service was great - we came on a busy Saturday eve and they still managed to find us a table even though we hadn't booked. The food was amazing! Mac n cheese is an absolute must try as is the brisket bits. Quite pricey but for what you get and the quality of the food it is definitely worth it. We will definitely be coming back again if we find ourselves in Liverpool in the future.