“Clean, comfortable, value for money”

Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-John Lennon Airport
Ranked #48 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Bath, United Kingdom
“Clean, comfortable, value for money”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I thought this hotel did exactly what was expected of it.

Easy to find, close to the airport. Check in was easy and friendly. The room was clean, modern and bright. Good shower, lots of nice fresh towels. Bedding was crisp and fresh, choice of firm and soft pillows. I ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel. I found the dinner menu limited and quite expensive, not sure I would have eaten here had I not been alone and on a business trip. Breakfast was a nice continental offering.

Overall, more than adequate, I paid £57 which I thought was good value for money. I don't think I would want to pay much more.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Wickford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently spent three nights at this hotel, the food quality was poor, the room cold, the bed uncomfortable and no hot water available on one of the mornings. I did not appreciate having to have a lukewarm shower.

This is probably the worst hotel I have evr stayed in and would not recommend it to anyone.

I must say that the staff were always friendly and polite.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoffrey L
Sheffield
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed there recently. There was a riot going on in the floor below which resulted in the police being called at four AM. I learnt later that the floor below had had a room trashed.

Frankly I thought the place was cold and there was a gentleman there at reception next morning who was complaining that the heating in his room had not been turned on.

The price of a room on that night was an astonishing £125.00. (The room price varies like seats on low-cost airlines, when I left the next day it was down to £70.00). I booked earlier and had paid a lot less.

Not inspired. To be honest the place seemed as it it was run by people on work experience. The breakfast was continental with sausages, scrambled eggs (the sort that can stand for ages without looking any worse), and baked beans. I would have liked some bacon. Never heard of cooked breakfasts without bacon! It's about £5.00 by taxi from the airport but there is an airport fee on top of that of £1.50.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Folkiedave
Preston, Penwortham, UK
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice due to early departure of flights and both experiences were awful. The first time the food was like cardboard and cold, and the second time we stayed, we were moved 3 times due to the room smelling of cigarettes, even the staff felt embarrassed to this happening. We did write and complain to the management who responded very swiftly to our dismay at our stay and was given a free complimentry stay, which my husband used on a business trip.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Tauranga
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is an under rated hotel. The rooms are small but well equipped and very very clean and modern.We only paid 35 GBP per night .The only thing they could improve on was to have at least one drawer in the room. Breakfast was wonderful. We were expecting a cold breakfast just cereal and yogurts etc. but were very surprised to find hot food, sausages, scrambled eggs and beans on the buffet bar too All fresh and hot. The staff here are the best nothing is too much trouble and they always had a smile and a instant welcome. We were so impressed we gave them a bottle of wine to share before we left.Well done. We stayed for seven nights.This hotel should be proud of the staff. Will stay there again next time we visit Liverpool.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple