All reviews split level room boutique hotel watch tv albert dock huge room full length mirror booked this hotel central location bars and restaurants lovely hotel night life comfy bed brilliant location lovely room stayed for one night visiting liverpool car park
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Booked this hotel as a get away for a birthday weekend.
We were disappointed with the first day as we had to change our rooms 3 times on arrival,
1. Cleanliness of the bathroom was very poor along with the décor of the room, plain and simple with no colour.
2. Cleaners hadn't presented the room for the next guests, towels and bedding everywhere.
3. Had a lovely room but disappointed as the TV didn't work, tried to call reception but the phone didn't seem to work.
4.Lift broken on arrival and therefore had to carry our luggage up 3 flights of stairs without the offer of help.
5.Booked an executive suite but was very disappointed as it seemed more as a standard room.

On our second day we enjoyed until the evening where the club next door was open till the early hours with a lot of noise which WE WERE NOT INFORMED OF.

The manager that dealt with our problems was very helpful and friendly throughout our stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 15 May 2017

Hi llinoosangharad,

Thank you for sharing your 3* review with us here at 62 Castle Street.

It is disappointing reading through your review as some of these issues mentioned could and should of been avoided and I apologise for the shortfall of your experience here at the hotel. Our team are normally efficient and well organised but I will be sharing your comments with them to ensure standards are maintained across all areas.

We have recently gone across all bedrooms ensuring our equipment is in full working order and this has included telephones and TV's so I'm concerned that these issues had resurfaced and we will investigate again to ensure they are in full working order. The lift was out of order due to the monthly service being carried out and it was only not operational for 45 minutes but I apologise if no assistance was offered.

As we are located directly in the city centre, we are surrounded by a number of Restaurants and Bars who we actively speak with to limited the noise pollution to the hotel but a very high number of our guests aren't affected by any external noise issues.

Thank you again for sharing and as mentioned before, I will share the review with the team as it will help us to improve on our service and exceed expectations going forward whilst providing a positive experience.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

I payed £89 for my room at this hotel. Considering that's round and about the same price as most hotels in Liverpool it was a bargain! The room was spacious and luxurious and the staff were excellent. I would recommend staying here to anyone

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 8 May 2017

Hi Fraser S,

Thank you for sharing your 4* review with us here at 62 Castle Street.

We aim to offer value for money as the competition around the area is strong with many major branded hotels operating minutes from the hotel. We are an independent hotel and we value real guest feedback and it is always good to receive positive comments about the experience.

We have 20 spacious bedrooms that offer comfort and a place to relax and unwind. I thank you again for sharing your review and it will be shared with the team at our next team meeting.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel via Booking.com. paid £72 for the night. After booking I looked at the reviews and was very nervous about what we would find one we got there.
We were welcomed as soon as we arrived and genuine interest in our plans by the manager.
The hotel is a beautiful building and the rooms are large, split level. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The bathroom was clean but tired and needs some attention. The towels were soft and large. The Hotel has a lot of potential but needs a little money spent on it. The television could only get a couple of channels and the Air con didnt work.With a couple of tweaks this could go from good to great. The location is great for Liverpool shopping bars and Albert Dock. The club next door is loud but music stopped at around 1 am. I would stay again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 May 2017

Hi netty67scouser,

Thank you for sharing your 4* experience of 62 Castle Street.

We take all reviews seriously whether they are negative or positive and look to improve our service and offering at every given opportunity.

Our team are some of the friendliest you will find in Liverpool and I will share your kind comments with them. The Hotel is a grade II listed building and has been part of the city since the 1800s and we receive many positive comments about this.

We take your comments about the issues and we will look to improve on the areas we fall short in and I thank you for bringing them to our attention.

Thank you again for sharing and we hope to welcome you back for a more improved experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Got an excellent last minute deal for this hotel. But I happily would have paid full price. Lovely staff, perfectly situated, beautiful reception, hallways and bedrooms. We we're lucky to get a brilliant deal on the executive king Suite. Amazing!! Yes the bathroom could be grander but I expect it's cause it's such an old building it can't have the huge baths and the walk in showers. If I visit Liverpool again I would stay here every time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 May 2017

Hi Morgan R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from your recent stay here at 62 Castle Street.

It is always good to receive positive comments from our guests and how their expectation was exceeded. We offer excellent value for money for what we offer and are located in possibly one of the best areas of Liverpool city centre.

I will share your kind comments with the team and we hope to welcome you back in the near future for another 5* experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

My partner booked for us to stay here on 19th April for my 40th birthday. On booking.com it's called 'exclusive' Well there's nothing exclusive about it. It's a basic old plain tired hotel. Room they put us in was cold..dated and not the cleanest. Marks all over the floor in bathroom..pubic hair in toilet bath panel stuck on with silicon gel no remote for t.v. and a building site right outside the doors are that old they didnt close properly so couldnt block out the constant drilling banging and road traffic.so after we spoke to reception they moved us to a room next door which was abit better. We know there's not alot that can be done about outside noise but something can be done to the rooms. Felt let down especially on what was my big birthday celebration. 62 castle street is not an exclusive hotel it's a tired one.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 25 April 2017

Hi Kerrie M,

Thank you for sharing your recent 2* review of 62 Castle Street.

We are improving the hotel step by step and I am disappointed to see that you think it is a 'tired hotel' as the team are working hard to improve the condition everyday. In the last two months we have had a new hot water system installed, new front entrance and a number of bedrooms going through a painting and decorating program. I will however take your feedback on board and use it as a positive to improve in more areas around the hotel.

I apologise if the room wasn't up to our usual standard of cleanliness and will share your comments with the Housekeeping team. As you mention there is not a lot we can do to manage the outside noise but we do try and actively speak with them to see if they can start a bit later than normal.

Thank you again for the comments in the review as it will helps us to exceed guest expectation and improve to make the experiences memorable for all the right reasons.