Just had two nights here on an amazingly good deal thanks to the Mr & Mrs Smith 2-for-1 offer with the Guardian and Observer. But would have stayed even without the offer, after reading reviews of the place. And was not disappointed.
I travelled with a friend and we each had a Master Double on the third (top) floor. The rooms were enormous and palatial - jaw-dropping in fact. Mine had a huge and comfortable double bed, two leather arm chairs facing a large flat screen tv, a table and two chairs, a desk and another chair and acres of space in between. A large and modern bathroom as well. There were also tea/coffee making facilities and a little music centre - which oddly played cassettes! But who has cassettes these days?
There were one or two minor design flaws, like the uber modern and very shallow basin in the bathroom - so shallow you couldn't help spilling water on to the bathroom floor when washing. And the tap was at such a low angle that it was impossible to fill the kettle - had to fill up from the bath tap instead. One other problem: the air conditioning/ heating in my friend's room was faulty so the hotel provided her with an electric fan heater (it was a cold weekend), but that didn't work either.
But apart from these things we really loved the place and would stay again. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel's location is perfect - very near the docks (and a lot of the museums and art galleries) and the Liverpool One shopping area, but still away from areas that are noisy at night. It's in a grand building (a former bank) and is a very comfortable place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 62 Castle Street is a 4 star hotel in the heart of the City Centre. 62 Castle Street is a Grade II listed building which was built in 1868. The luxurious hideaway of 62 Castle St is more than just an exclusive hotel. The original site was known as "The Old Bank" although, dramatically transformed in 1985 the building has maintained its unique features including, the main staircase, huge marble pillars and stunning high decorated ceilings, not forgetting the old bank vaults, which still remain intact to this day! The 4 star hotel offers 20 individually designed Suites offering guests high quality and spacious rooms. All rooms have King-size beds, a lounge area with sofas or lounge chairs and a flatscreen LCD TV. All rooms have two phones in the room, and are equipped with a desk for working or used as a dressing table. The large stylish rooms include modern en-suite bathrooms with powerful drench showers and some with Baths and all luxury toiletries. The rooms have an amazing full Length leaner mirror which is a main feature in the rooms. The rooms are even large enough to unwind and do Yoga. Some rooms have Juliet balcony doors which flood the room with natural light. 62 Castle St Hotel does not have its own restaurant/bar, however we are in the heart of the city centre and our team have a wide knowledge of the best places to dine. Whether you are coming to Liverpool 1 for a shopping extravaganza or experiencing the excitement of the Beatles phenomena or simply visiting for business, the hotel is within easy reach of everything Liverpool has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your 62 Castle Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 62 Castle Street Hotel Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Liverpool
- 62 Castle St Hotel Liverpool