2,625 results
All reviews junior suite fresh milk huge tv lovely hotel bottle of prosecco afternoon tea city centre lovely bathroom q park booked this hotel reception staff stayed for one night car park birthday treat staff were lovely enjoyable stay comfy bed
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip. After a nightmare trying to get a room, I got in and was pleasantly surprised with the room I had been given. The fridge and milk in the room is a nice touch, and the room is a good size. The bathroom has no bath but I wasn't too concerned about this.

The hotel bar and brasserie is absolutely poor, and ruined my stay at The Richmond. I stayed in house for a meal my first night and wasn't offered a menu until I asked. The second night I waited to be seated - the bar isn't too busy at this point - and two members of staff walked past and didn't acknowledge me at all despite me waiting there. I then take a seat and yet again am ignored by the staff and have to ask for a menu. I wonder if this is because I am on my own? A couple wait where I was standing and are attended to straight away.

Breakfast is good - self service but satisfactory.

Sadly, I will recommend that the company does not use the hotel again for the purpose. I am appalled with the way I have been treated by the staff in the brasserie.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
RichmondLiverpool, General Manager at The Richmond, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear that you found the room to be good. We do have rooms with both bath and showers and this can be accommodated upon request.
I am horrified to hear about your restaurant experience. I assure you that our staff would never purposefully ignore a lone female. Every guest should be treated as a VIP regardless of whether they are alone or in a group and I sincerely apologise that you were not treated as such.
If you would reconsider your decision not to return I would ensure that a great deal is done to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

When checking out where to stay in Liverpool I was surprised by the cost of a suite, having only booked 2 days prior to our arrival - it was cheaper than most other family rooms within hotels in the city.

The suite was very spacious for our young family with two boys - in addition to the king size bed there was a comfortable sofa bed, dining table for 6 and kitchenette.

Would have been 5 stars but we were unable to get heating to work and initially no bedding for sofa bed. The lady at reception couldn't have to tried to help us more and whilst not being able to get the heating to work she was able to source us a heater for the bedroom.

Has not put us off the hotel at all and we will definitely aim to stay here when we return to the city.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Ardoyne137

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Richmond and found the price to be reasonable. It is nice to hear that the reception staff did their best to solve your issues however for your next visit we will make sure that these issues are not present in the first place.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

My partner and I had lunch yesterday - using a voucher we had as a gift!
The meal was out of this world!
Home-made scotch egg, panfried mushrooms, steak, and sticky toffee pudding with butterscotch sauce... were all to die for! For me the pudding was the most indescribable pudding!
The steak amazing!
Starters- amazing!
Our waitress was so helpful and friendly! Going out of her way to make us happy!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenniewilko2011

Thank you for dining in the Brasserie and for taking the time to write this review.

I am delighted to hear about your experience in the restaurant. Please don not hesitate to return for a meal of the same standard!

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We were given a voucher as a present - Afternoon Tea for 2 at The Richmond Hotel.
The waiter asked if we wanted tea or coffee so I asked for Lapsang Souchong. I was met with a blank look and so I asked what sort of teas they offered. It was a very ordinary selection - Earl Grey, green tea, peppermint and a few other infusions, so I went for Earl Grey. My husband asked for normal tea and how normal it was - Tetley! Not even Twinings!

When the teapots were put on the table, there was a terrible smell which I traced to my pot of Earl Grey. When I took the lid off, I was nearly sick. It appeared to be a pot of hot, gone-off milk, with an Earl grey teabag in it. I couldn't attract the waiter's attention so I took it back to the bar myself. Oh, it was so grim and obviously put me off for the rest of the meal.

The cake part of the tea consisted of 2 fruit scones with some jam (and we had butter rather than clotted cream), 2 squares of carrot cake, a chocolate brownie, a berry mouse on a cheesecake base (not well set, very crumbly) and a chocolate mouse affair on a similar biscuit base. They were all pleasant enough. There were 6 finger sandwiches, 2 each of egg mayonnaise, ham, cheese and pickle. Cheese and pickle?? I was expecting a smoked salmon at the least. It was all a bit...ordinary.

From a personal point of view I thought the decor ghastly and the room so lacking in ambience. There was some live piano/vocal music but it was a bit too loud for a room with 4 customers in it - my husband and I couldn't hear each other speak.

Overall a very disappointing experience. If you want something special, there are better places in Liverpool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireHannah
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed with this hotel. Catalogue of errors. Very poor check in, we booked 2 rooms with our grown up children months ago to celebrate my husbands 50th, but rooms weren't even on the same floor, let alone next to each other, they had a double room when we'd requested a twin, they couldn't change it. One of the rooms wasn't ready, they said sit in the bar we'll ring you but still no call at 4.30pm, they said they'd forgotten as it was busy. Very tired hotel and rooms, lots of faults, cracked toilet seat (very painful!!) very loud double toilet flush on the loo which was strange. Beautiful modern bathroom though and great shower. Breakfast was poor not enough staff on duty, they weren't even very friendly, just left us standing around for ages by the wait to be seated sign, walking past without even acknowledging we were there, very uncomfortable, went to find someone at the bar eventually. We had to ask for everything, tea spoons, milk, glasses nothing was topped up (the same both mornings) We expected far better for the money we paid, we always go the extra mile and pay for a nice hotel when it's a special birthday anniversary ect, but this is the poorest we've stayed in. It's even situated in a run down area, with lots around it boarded up and empty. it is close to town though just a 10 min walk away.
We didn't let it spoil our stay as the city is truly amazing. We wouldn't stay in this hotel again or recommend to family and friends, there's far better hotels for the same price in the city.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kazstocker

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am really disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. I must apologise that you were not allocated rooms next to each other. We do try our best to ensure that groups are put close together. It is unusual for us to receive such negative feedback and I assure you I will be investigating the issues that you have discussed.