“Great Food ! ”

Kebabish Original
Ranked #633 of 1,955 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Pakistani
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

If you are one of these couples who are all about style and not really concerned about content don't come here.

This location is most definitely all about amazing content that shouldn't be missed.

Don't be fooled by the simple exterior. If it's great tasting food you're looking for, that's well cooked
Kebabish is worth a visit or two.

I went of a busy Saturday night and was welcomed by friendly staff immediately on our arrival. It's not the Ritz in terms of layout but if your looking for that, there are plenty of posy restaurants scattered across Liverpools busy social scene.

The hubby and I ate like kings. Tasty grilled meats and prawns. Beautifully cooked golden naan bread and tasty side dishes. All freshly prepared in view.

Will we return? It would be a crime not to.

2  Thank Rebekah P

Reviewed 14 October 2016

I am writing this review only in regards to the Chicken Tikka Barbecue meal on the menu. This is a vary tasty meal which I’ve been having about once a week for the past several years. I like this with chips even though its equally nice with rice. I recommend this meal with medium spice and ask for it to be extra juicy. The reason is because the mild is almost tasteless and doesn't have much sauce. I haven't ordered this meal spicy hot so I wouldn’t know how spicy it would be. Plus when you order it medium spiced stating you want it extra juicy, then extra sauce gives it a nice spicy kick and makes a HUGE difference to the taste.

Over the years I have found this meal to be a little inconsistent, sometimes it doesn’t have enough sauce and other times it can be too spicy or mild, when I ONLY ever order this meal medium spiced. Plus the noticeable amount of chicken varies from week to week, while the price you pay for this meal remains the same :-( However when this meal is really to my liking, then its absolutely AMAZING!

If you like spicy chicken meals and you haven't yet been to the KO or tried this meal, then you really should give this meal a try when you next visit this restaurant. I have also tried this meal at the KO on Bold street, but the sauce is almost non-existent, so its a totally different taste and is far from being as nice in my impression! The KO on Lodge lane is my best choice for this meal :-)

Finally, the meals at the Lodge lane KO are very reasonably priced, the waitresses are very pleasant and friendly. This is a great restaurant to go with your friends or family and enjoy a nice meal together. Thank you

2  Thank a-friendly-man
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

Went with my girlfriend and her mum a few weeks ago and this place is amazing!! Love the way they bring the food to you sizzling and steaming lol. Had the chicken wings and the lamb chops and the meat just fell off the bone was soooo nice. My girlfriend had the garlic chicken and that was also nice. Will definitely be returning!!

2  Thank Lee J
Reviewed 3 October 2016

Really good meal first visit,waitress recommended the tandoori fish,which was excellent.Wouldnt really describe this as an indian restaraunt,more eclectic middle eastern closer to Lebanese or Turkish.But whatever style the food is very good and staff friendly,prices quite reasonale too,will be back before long
r

2  Thank Patrick N
Reviewed 2 October 2016

We had just moved my daughter into a student flat just off Lodge Lane, and by 6pm we were pretty hungry, so decided to take a stroll to see what was about. We came across this place pretty quickly, it looked really popular, and after a brief glance at the menu decided to go for it. So glad we did, you can see them cooking everything fresh, so much choice, lots of different curry dishes, choice of different accompaniments, and their choice of meat was to die for. Between 3 of us we got a good variety of different dishes, it was all really good, and the portion sizes were massive. Really good value, great service. Will be going again.

2  Thank Judy O