“Great place to eat”
Review of Cafe Porto

Cafe Porto
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Porto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 1,710 Restaurants in Liverpool
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is a hidden gem. A Portugese tapas bar in the heart of Liverpool with the best food ever cooked to perfection by the "real deal".
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I've been a couple of times now and enjoyed all my visits. Food is good - freshly cooked and great selection. Staff are always really welcoming. Good wine on the menu and also free corkage (or was last time I was there) so you can bring your own. Would definitely recommend!

• Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Chester, United Kingdom
“A wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I went here with a large group of friends and we almost filled the restaurant as it is quite cosy. We pre-ordered tapas at the chef's discretion as we couldn't choose between the dishes and it was all excellent. Vegetarians were well catered for. The atmosphere is very relaxed and the decor understated. We had a lovely evening chatting and drinking great wine. The various dishes came as and when ready, and the service was prompt, very friendly and personal. You have the option of taking your own wine and paying a corkage fee or choosing from the Portugese wines in the restaurant. I'd recommend the Portugese cheese and port selection. Try this place, it's really great.

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

The atmosphere and location are charming, but food is mostly average or poor. The tapas were very small, and some were good (such as the sardines) but most were poor (such as the undercooked tortilla, or cold meats that had come straight out of a packet). The seafood paella was under-seasoned and made with what seemed to be frozen fish. In all, the food was quite underwhelming, which was a shame.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank tomW29
Amsterdam
“Like sitting in ur neighbours front room!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This has to be my most bizarre dining experience ever.
Don't get me wrong the food was nice but because it's cooked fresh it took absolutely forever to arrive.
The surroundings are completely bizarre and I felt like I was sat in someones front room and I shouldn't really be there.
The staff are lovely and if your after something posh I wouldn't bother. This place is unusual, traditional and for me I just found the whole experience rather strange.
I would actually like this place to take off as it's full of heart but for me I don't feel it was really my cup of tea. Try it you might be surprised :-)

1 Thank FUNKY1211
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Slow service and food far from great”
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Being Portuguese, I tend to appreciate Portuguese restaurants but I also tend to be particularly hard on them. Cafe Porto has a nice setting and some traditional Portuguese food. Unfortunately, the food is disappointing. It's not bad but -- and here perhaps the fact I have eaten excellent Portuguese food plays a role -- it's not very good either. Service was also very slow both times I was there. I don't think there will be a third time.

• Visited September 2010