1,210 results
All reviews queens dock echo arena free car park rooms are basic the ground floor minute walk would stay again comfy bed staff on reception tea and coffee excellent value for money stayed for one night hairdryer mersey waterfront
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Basic room, but clean and comfortable, tv and WiFi, restaurant available which was basic but good and had a variety available, I would stay again when visiting Liverpool.short walk to the famous Albert dock.

1  Thank Diana G
Simon D, Manager at Campanile Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Don't get me wrong, this is a cheap place to stay, very cheap.

Unfortunately the quality of the place is way off the scale of acceptable, even for the money.

On entering the place struck us as a cross between a hospital corridor and a hostel. Everything is done to a bare minimum. We arrived to a drunk guy kicking a vending machine in the hallway outside our room.

The room was poorly decorated, in a style 30 years out of date. There is nowhere to sit apart from the bed. The bed was large enough, but extremely soft. I genuinely thought that there was no duvet, until I looked closer and saw how thin it was.

The bathroom was a bit of a mix. Toilet and sink fine, can't really go too far wrong there. Soap dispenser fixed to the wall looked like it had been swiped from a public convenience. Not much in the way of towels. The bath was a half-length easy access tub for the disabled. Not long enough to use as an actual bath. The promised power shower turned out to be a tap attachment with a kink in the hose so delivered very little water pressure.

The room was noisy as it faced straight onto the car park, and then onto a main road with a Mcdonalds opposite. You are faced with the choice of closing the windows and stifling, or opening it and putting up with the noise from outside. There was also a lot of noise from the corridor, as the self closures on the room doors and the lobby meant that all the doors slammed closed.

Wifi is chargeable, unless you book through the Hotel's own website. You don't find this out until you get there. Not quite sure why there is this disctintion on this.

If you book for bed and breakfast, this doesn't include hot food, again, we didn't find this out until we were there.

On the plus side:

Free parking, great considering the location of the building a few minutes walk from the city centre and the Albert docks.

Friendly staff, and it is extremely cheap.

All in all, for the price we hoped for a no-frills with minimal facilities. Unfortunately the place was just so noisy and uncomfortable that we cut short our stay and left early.

Oh, and our key-card for the room did not work.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the dock (away from the car park)
1  Thank giantorange

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am saddened to hear your stay with us was not to your liking.
I do agree with you that our hotel doesn’t look the best from the outside but we make up for it inside with the light and airy ground floor environment and a wonderful team.
I am disappointed to read the cleanliness of the room was not to our usual standards. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Supervisor to address with immediate effect.
We do everything we can to literate to guests the importance of respecting others in surrounding rooms, but unfortunately not everyone adheres to this.
I have taken on board your comments about traffic noise through the night. We operate as a 24 hour hotel with a receptionist always on shift to make sure the hotel is safe and protected. As we are situated on an estate we do get traffic passing to surrounding businesses at all times of the day/night. I do hope this has not put you off from staying again in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Warm and friendly reception staff, double room was clean and warm and though small was well equipped. An iron and ironing board were speedily provided on request.
Breakfast was very good, both Continental and cooked, and staff at all times were a delight to encounter.
The menu in the restaurant is very limited for vegetarians.

Dear Guest,
I am thrilled to hear our team took great care of you and look forward to passing on your lovely feedback.
We do hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

The location is very good with ample parking, which can be a problem. Its less than a ten minute walk into the centre, so its good for general use not just work.
The check in was friendly and efficient and the rooms are clean and tidy with the standard Campanile fittings. I ate in the restaurant. Just fish and chips, but it was good and not expensive.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us. Our chefs take great pride in every dish leaving their kitchen, it will be my pleasure to pass on your feedback to them.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

A very good hotel with staff that were very helpful, the rooms are a bit small but the bed is comfortable, a major plus is the free on-site parking and the hotels location to the Albert Dock, Liverpool Conference Centre and Liverpool One, all in all a hotel I would re visit.

Room tip: At least one firm pillow per occupant of room would be good, the two soft ones are not very comfortable.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Campanile.com - Louvre Hotels Group

Dear Guest,
We do hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.