“Very good value”

Ranked #72 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
Gosport, UK
“Very good value”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very enjoyable stay. Restaurant staff very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast and evening meal (Carvery) self service more than adequate with sufficient choice.
This hotel has been redecorated/refurbished since our first visit some years ago.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,530)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2012

On our arrival we were told that as the Green Party were holding their conference for the whole weekend, there would be no parking avaiable. One of the reasons we chose the hotel was that after a 6 hour drive we did not want the trouble of trying to locate a car park. My Husband had to drop me off and then drive to find the next nearest secure car park that was a 25 minute walk away! We then checked in and I asked if we definitely had a double room and was assured that although single beds were in the room they had been pushed together?? We were horrified when we entered that room to find we actually had 2 very small single beds that were not together and the room also had no natural light!! The only window was approx 10 feet in the air and 'backed on' to the lounge area so the only light was from there!! It was like a small servants room and as the hotel is very old we would imagine that is where the staff from many years ago would have slept? My husband went back to reception and we were allocated another room which was on the mezzanine floor so we only had the top of one of the original large arched windows and could not open the window more that a few inches. We were told that as there was a large conference on for the whole weekend, there were no other rooms available. We booked this hotel knowing it was central to where we needed to be, and although we were not expecting anything out of this world we were not happy at all. We have never stayed in a hotel with rooms as bad as this. The bathroom was ancient and the bed was almost against one wall so I had no bedsie table or lamp and had to get out of bed sideways. One of the lamps flicked on and off continually and the TV was ancient.One of the towels had bright yellow stains on it and the door frame to bathroom was rotted. We can only imagine the nice rooms had been reserved for the guests of the conference. We booked weeks in advance and feel we should have been told that service would not be to the usual standards. A very dissapointing weekend.

Room Tip: Makesure there are no big groups expected! Also that you are not overlooking the AC units
1 Thank Lesley S

Travellers are raving about these Liverpool hotels

Sheffield
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Having read the 'horror stories' about the Adelphi on this site, I was a little apprehensive but I needn't have worried. From the great location - I could see the hotel over the road as I came out of the back entrance to Lime Street station - to the genuinely friendly and helpful staff, I had a great stay from start to finish. The porters go out of their way to help anyone they see 'struggling' with a case, I had a great chat to one of them as he took me up to my room in the lift.

Okay, the rooms are a little faded, but, seriously, does this actually spoil anyone's stay? So much room for my belongings, nothing had to be crammed together in one drawer, plenty of wardrobe space too. Generous tea and coffee supplies, and some nice toiletries in the bathroom. Now, on to the bathroom. I'd been expecting to have a poor shower, after reading a couple of reviews - maybe I lead a charmed life because my shower couldn't have been easier to mix, and I felt squeaky-clean when I climbed out. Now this is the only thing I'd alter in a perfect world - as I'm sure I'm not alone in being a little nervous of climbing out of a bath, would it be possible to replace a few of the bath/shower units with walk-in showers?

Good lighting as well. What else? Oh, yes, the lovely armchair to sit in while I had a coffee and a read, much more cosy than those little stools, though the stools are good for sitting at the desk to write. Absolutely everything was provided! An excellent night's sleep, and that was after a concert, usually I'm on too much of a high to sleep after concerts, but I was away almost as soon as I put my head down.

The great service continued after check-out with another kind porter following me to help me get my case out of the revolving doors.
I'm really hoping to come back to the Adelphi as soon as possible!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TanithPanic
North Devon
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My husband and I have just stayed at the Adelphi Hotel for a four night break, on a Half Board basis. We were a party of 51 on a coach holiday. The hotel was very good and the food was excellent taking into consideration the price of our holiday which was outstanding. The staff at the hotel were very good as well. We travelled from North Devon. We had a very large room on the first floor and could not fault it one bit. We met some good people on our holiday and made some good friends.

ayrshire
Reviewed 25 February 2012

the Adelphi hotel has a very good situation in the centre of Liverpool. the bedrooms probably could do with some redecoration,but the beds were comfortable and the furniture was fine and the room was spacious.the food was very good and the staff were always helpful and friendly