“Just about average”

Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre
Ranked #26 of 97 Hotels in Liverpool
“Just about average”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I don't know much about the nuances of hotels in Liverpool, so when I needed a hotel for a business trip I chose the Holiday Inn on the basis that the brand normally delivers comfortable if unspectacular hotels.

The staff were friendly and my room was clean, those are the good points. However, the hotel felt tired throughout, my bed far too soft and the entire forth floor stank of cigarette smoke. The included breakfast was fair value, but the espresso I had was poor in the extreme.

This was probably a good hotel once, but it needs some TLC from Holiday Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 27 July 2012
Dear 'MisterOs'
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review from your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your kind comments regarding the friendliness of our teams and the standards of cleanliness you experienced.

With regards to the conditions of the hotel, we do have an ongoing maintenance program in place to update the hotel but will use your comments to request additional funds.
We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Liverpool in the near future.
Best regards
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great hotel in great location. Staff are always friendly and helpful. Only negative this visit is the change of menu in Limes bar and the really quite poor food which is overpriced. Warm bacon and Brie ciabatta was microwaved so the bread was rock hard . Jacket potatoes small and only just warm. We waited so long for food we had no time to send back for fresh. We will not eat in the hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
JonathanKing, General Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Debbie
Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
Needless to say, I am pleased to learn that our team made you feel very welcome, once again, during your time at our hotel.
With regards to your constructive feedback on the quality of food you received at lunchtime I have spent time reviewing your concerns with my Head Chef, who wishes to be associated with my apologies to you. I have also instigated immediate retraining so that we may return to the levels of service I am confident we can consistently achieve.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Liverpool in the near future.
Best regards.
Exeter, UK
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I chose this hotel as it was so close to Lime Street station. I arrived an hour before check in time and had to leave to attend an event before I could check it. I also needed to get changed before leaving the hotel, the staff were very helpful and gave me access to changing rooms in the gym to get ready. My luggage was stored securely until I could check in much later in the day.
My room was on the 9th floor was large quiet and clean. I had been allocated a smoking room which concerned me as I am a non smoker, but the room did not smell of cigarettes. Checking out was a quick and easy process, the staff offered to store my luggage if I required which was a nice touch.

My only minor complaint would be that the TV picture in the room was terrible. I would have preferred a 'snow free' picture.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank GB_Dave
, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Dear 'GB_Dave',

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences from the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm glad to see you had such a great stay at the hotel and that our team went out of their way to make sure you had a stress free day.

We truly value customer service and get great pride in receiving a positive review.

I have informed our Maintenance Manager of the issues with TV reception and he is arranging for it to be resolved.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Liverpool in the near future.

kind regards
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I've stayed in this hotel a number of times and they are always friendly, helpful, and willing to assist with whatever you need.

The hotel itself couldn't be nearer to Lime Street Station and from there you can explore the whole of the city. The actual area it sits in isn't the best bit of Liverpool; Lime Street itself is pretty rough, despite considerable investment in the station and surrounds, but it's a great base for the city. Just around the corner are some of the city's (and UK's) best museums, all of which provide free entry.

I found that I'd been upgraded on arrival to a small suite with a small living room area as well as the bedroom as this was a nice touch. Good views over the Anglican Cathedral and the Welsh Mountains when the weather is clear too.

Breakfast is served in the restaurant overlooking the new plaza in front of the station and this is great for people-watching over your coffee.

Pretty much what you'd expect for a Holiday Inn overall, but they do go the extra mile generally. A small quibble on the bill was sorted out efficiently and settled.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear ' David W',

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm glad to see that you are a regular guest to the hotel and have found that our team goes the extra mile to ensure you have a pleasurable stay.

I have shared your feedback with the team who take great pride in receiving positive reviews.

We hope to welcome you back for many happy visits in the future.

Kind regards

Simon
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Came up to stay here 2 weeks ago for the weekend. Hotel was great , nice and clean and restaurant superb with wonderfull views. They couldn't do enough for us even moving us around hotel to accomadate the 5 of us

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Operations Manager at Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear 'BigJay2909',

Thank you for taking the time to review your experiences for the Holiday Inn Liverpool City Centre.

I'm thrilled to see you rated your stay a 5 out of 5 and had such a great weekend with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards