Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock
  • Breakfast included
US$ 105
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$ 62
Hotels.com
US$ 63
US$ 61
  • Restaurant
Z Hotel Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
  • Bar/Lounge
1,649 results
All reviewsecho arenaalbert dockscrambled egg and beansgreat locationhi expressexposed brickworkbeatles museumconverted warehouseliver buildingbig wheelbreakfast was includedcity centrecar parkno air conditioningmulti storeyfire alarmyogurt
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Stayed here for two nights and had a view across Albert Dock to the Liver Building (probably one of the best views of the city).
The hotel cannot be accessed from the dockside of Albert Dock without a room key. The entrance is behind, off the road that leads to the Echo Arena (Gower Street). Reception on second floor.
Room and bathroom were very clean. The best thing about the room was the view to the Liver Building. We had room 303 and would recommend a dockside view.
Room had tea, coffee, milk, kettle and bathroom on had a shower, but it was was twice as big as a standard shower cubicle.
Because it is a Holiday Inn the only toiletries are liquid soap and shower gel. As long as you know you know what to bring!
Breafast was served on the second floor next to reception - had a full range of cereals, hot drinks, scrambled eggs, bread, jams, butter, fruit, etc.
We ate one night in the Whats Cooking restaurant next door and the other night in the Pan Am resaurant which is next door to that. Out of the two I would recommend Pan Am. Better food better overall restaurant, it is more expensive but not much more and its worth paying for it. If you show your Holiday Inn Express room key you get a 20% reduction of the bill.
All staff we spoke to on mreception were very friendly and helpful, when we asked for a late check out it was provided quickly and effeiciently.
A fantastic hotel which I would recommend to anyone. Fantastic location on the dock; five - eight minutes walk to the Mersey Ferry and Liver Building, two to five minutes walk to the Echo Arena and Conference Centre. Liverpool one and the rest of the city centre is walkable (Fifteen to twenty minutes). There are buses to LIverpool One bus station and to the Liver Building that connect with Liverpool Lime Street train station. If walking to Lime Street Station then allow 30 mins and allow for the slope (worse going back up from the dock).
If ever in Liverpool I will definately stay here again.
Albert Dock gets VERY quiet after dark (only a handful on the entire dock).

Room Tip: Book direct through Holiday Inn website and request 'a room with a view, preferable of Albert Dock'. It worked for us.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights as part of a hen party.

On arrival at the hotel, you have to get the lift to the 2nd floor, which is where Reception is. There are only two lifts in the hotel, which are pretty small and at busy tines, you could be waiting a while unless you take the stairs.

When we got to the room, we only had a double bed and a Z bed. There was no bedding for the Z bed so we had to request this and also towells as there was only enough for one person.

The Z bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever lay on so my friend and I ended up having to share the double.

My only other complaint about the room was that the bathroom didn't have a fan so it really steamed up when showering and took forever to clear.

The views from this hotel are fantastic. Wherever you are situated, you are going to get a good view.

There are lots of bars and restaurants around the Albert Dock and lots of touristy things to do. I think it would suits all kinds of tourist from hens/stags to families.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
HIEXAlbertDock, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Liverpool-Albert Dock, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Further to your comments posted, it is our usual standard that all additional beds are made up prior to your arrival. In preparation for additional people in rooms the number of towels and provisions on the tea and coffee tray are also increased. Apologies if this didn't happen during your stay.
I'm unsure if you spoke to a member of the management team whilst you were staying with, however if you would like to contact me at the hotel I can happily investigate further and speak to the team involved in preparing your room.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is the second visit to this hotel and I found it just as comfortable. The hotel is clean with spacious well appointed rooms and an unique atmosphere - how often does one stay in a converted warehouse I ask?. The rooms facing the Albert Dock have a stunning view. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfasts were a little unimaginative with the only hot items being sausages and tired scrambled egg. However do not let this deter you as I recommend it highly and will certainly ask for room 406 again on my next visit. The hotel is well situated and will certainly be less nosiy than those in the city centre itself.

Room Tip: Rooms 401 -409 and others close by have excellent views of the Albert Dock and beyond. Very quiet indeed - no traffic - no nightclubs!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

stayed here on 17th March 2012 for one night, a very warm welcome by all the staff, very nice peopleindeed. Our room was no 310 it over looked the docks beautiful view the room was very big high ceilings with some original brick work still on the walls fantastic, the room was very clean indeed the shower was hot too and the breakfast was fine with quite a lot to choose from.
I would be glad to stay here again and would advise anyone to stay thanks for a fantastic stay

Room Tip: room 310 excellent
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We recently booked two nights at this hotel, being great fans of all that Liverpool has to offer. I really wanted to book the Crowne Plaza hotel, which is part of the same group, but was unable to find a good deal, so was more than happy to stay at the Holiday Inn Express, as we had heard good things about it.

Firstly, the location and view from our room was unbelievable, the Albert Dock and Royal Liver Building beyond it were lit up at night and looked absolutely stunning. The windows could have been cleaner, however! The room was very pleasant and quite functional, with a good quality TV and comfortable bed. No complaints there.

As regards the reception staff, we did not find them to be exceptionally helpful and they didn't offer any unsolicited advice or help. For example, we were not told about the discounted parking or discount on meals at the restaurant next door; luckily, we had heard about the discounted parking and asked which car park to use. Also, we had heard that Priority Club members were entitled to free wifi; however, the lady at reception said that this was not the case. She then told us that there was free wifi, but it was not very good. We declined to pay, but found that the Albert Dock wifi was perfectly adequate for normal use.

There has been much discussion about the breakfast and I have no problem with the fact that the hotel has to work within the 'brand'. What I do object to is poor quality and the sausages which were offered were arguably the worst sausages I have ever come across! Surely there is no excuse for this; it would be better not to offer sausages at all if they are unidentifiable as such. Apart from that, I didn't think the breakfast was that bad.

I did think there was an air of penny pinching about this hotel, reflected in the ungenerous supply of tea bags and coffee sachets and the fact that the only newspapers available were those selling at 20p! However, the pluses outweighed the minuses and I would stay here again, if a cheap deal were available, if only for the view.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed posting about your recent stay at the hotel Pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room.
I would just like to clarify the WiFi information. The hotel offers free WiFi to all guests, we also a premium speed WiFi for an additional cost which our Gold and Platinum Priority Club guests get complimentary due to their membership status.
I have spoken to the team on the front desk about them not being overly helpful, customer service is something we pride ourselves on at the hotel and from the majority of reviews something that we do very well a lot of the time, please accept my apology for this shortfal in service standards.