2,483 results
All reviews james street station great location underground station city centre taxi rank budget hotel good size car park q park pier head room was spacious cavern quarter minute walk cavern club ironing board excellent value for money shopping area
Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

First impressions were spoilt by there not being a shower. But we wasn't going to let this spoil our break. Until we got up at 0830 on the second morning to find we had no hot water!

The manager was called who said he'd get the engineer and some breakfast for us !

Breakfast never arrived by 1030 so we called the manager again who said he thought we'd said we didn't want anything.

Basically the water didn't get warm till 11. By this time half the day had gone so we checked out.

Staff were apologetic but had no power to do anything only offer our money back for one night but all we wanted was hot water !!! Money back for one night stay was not the solution. The hotel should have rooms with electric showers so everyone has hot water not just those that get up early.

If your prepared to run the risk of having no hot water in the morning or getting up extremely early on your city break than this hotel is ideally situated as it near the docks and the town centre and reasonably priced.

We were allowed to stay in our room

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
DaysInnLiverpool, General Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2015

I am sorry about your stay at the Days Inn Liverpool. I can assure you that the issues with the water when you stayed was an individual case due to a technical fault with the boiler and this is certainly something that does not happen all the time at the hotel, usually hot water is in abundance for all our guests regardless of what time they require it.

I encourage you to stay at the hotel again so that we can demonstrate the point above. I f you would like to make a reservation with myself at gm@daysinnliverpool.com I would be happy to offer you a preferable rate.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I have stayed here many times but was disgusted with what I experienced on my last visit on the 9thSept .On arrival for a one night stop over there was a commotion in the reception area regarding a guest who was demanding money back from the Duty Manager. The said Duty Manager was explaining to the guest that he would get nothing until the rooms were inspected for damage.From this explanation the said guest then left in a hurry explaining to the Duty Manager to keep the money in derogatory terms. A bad and very uncomfortable start to a stay that was to get worse. Only one lift was working to access the many floors that this building has resulted in a wait to bring our bags to the room. One entering the lift one can see through a gap what can only be classed as a rubbish dump underneath the lift floor containing a mound of crisp packets sweet wrappers and many other unidenified objects. This is a fire risk. As it was late on entering the room I tripped over a raised piece of carpet and on inspection the whole of the carpet was bubbled and loose. A large amount of noise was occurring outside in the corridor, this seemed to be people shouting from the length of the corridor to each other and several other incidents of noise occurred throughout the night with people returning to there rooms late on in the morning. After an uncomfortable nights sleep I awoke to wash and dress. On entering the bathroom with closer inspection I noticed what can only be described as stains on the bottom of the door. These stains protruded up the door some 5 or 6 inches and seem to be the result of someone who had been sick on the floor and the cleaner had moped it up but remnants had been left over the door. A horrible site and truly disgusting. On checkout I made my feeling known to the new overnight female receptionist who seemed shocked with my complaints. I filled in a complaint form leaving my contact details but to this day I have not received any reply. This hotel is in serious decline and is showing signs of neglect.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank duncandouglas
Reviewed 16 September 2015

it's right in the city center and next to the station. Although the prices are suitable and anyone can get it. the quality of the room was clean and tidy. the building shape is really normal once you see it.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
DaysInnLiverpool, General Manager at Days Inn Liverpool City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2015

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your time there.

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Female travelling alone. I've been there for 4 days during International Beatles Week.
+++Excellent location. 10 min walk to the docks, 5 min to Liverpool One, 7 min to the Cavern.
++Friendly and helpful staff.
++Big room with air conditioning, very silent
+Eco friendly bathroom scheme
+Average Wifi
-Windows don't open

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank lauvilu

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed it!

Reviewed 16 September 2015

Good location to see Liverpool, rooms clean and tidy, good size bathroom, comfortable beds.
Helpful front of house staff.
Breakfast a bit poor.
Always put off by hotels that have 'Bouncers' at night though it would seem that this is the case on Saturday for all establishments in the area.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the hotel.

We do try to offer a balanced and varied buffet breakfast for our guests which we usually receive excellent feedback on.

As we are a city centre hotel it is essential to employ door staff as do all the other city centre hotels at the weekends.

We do hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

Kind Regards