Heywood House Hotel
Travelodge
US$ 109
Staybridge.com
  • Breakfast included
The Nadler Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$ 75
Orbitz.com
US$ 67
US$ 64
  • Restaurant
Z Hotel Liverpool(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$ 47
  • Bar/Lounge
1,800 results
All reviewsgreat locationrubber duckbalcony roompub next doorlovely hotelq parkalbert docksnight porterlovely decorcentral locationcar parkair condiscount vouchercavern clubcavern quarterminute walkgood size
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed here in January with a group of friends. Could not believe the location, staff were friendly, plush rooms was fab, breakfast was perfect, room service was prompt! Would definitely stay here again, we got an excellent deal & hopefully, when we return, we'll get the same deal again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brunette-traveller
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I use this hotel every week for business. I have tried many in the Liverpool area and this comes out top regardless of price.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and have nice luxury extras such as a Bose iPod dock.
There are 5 things I look for in a hotel (picky I know).
First is a comfy bed - they use the softest mattress covers I have laid on, and I never fail to get a good nights sleep.
Next is a decent shower that has some force behind it - box 2 ticked.
I like to have a decent TV to watch as I am away from home so often - heywood has decent large flat screen ones.
Food is next on the list. Heywood house has a separate restaurant next door which is accessible from the hotel. Breakfast is great and they serve fantastic steaks, albeit service can be a little slow.
Finally the staff are very helpful and friendly, and as a frequent visitor, always bend over backwards to ensure my stay is pleasant.
To summarise, if you want a city centre hotel for shopping or sightseeing, which represents fantastic quality whilst being value for money go to the heywood house. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank tonyswright
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The hotel is excellently positioned, less than five minutes walk from the Cavern in one direction and the Liver Building (and hence the Mersey) in the other. We were booked into a “plush” room, and while the adjective was a bit overblown, the room was very comfortable, clean and nicely decorated and was a bargain at the price. The whole hotel oozed elegance and the reception staff were unfailingly pleasant and polite.

On the other hand, I have to say that breakfast was a let-down. Service was “relaxed” – although only three other tables were occupied when we came down it was over 20 minutes before we were served – and the price was a bit of a rip-off: £6.95 each for a bowl of pre-packaged cornflakes, a croissant and three half-slices of toast. Not only that, but we were charged extra for our single cup of coffee!

All in all, I would definitely return to the hotel if staying in Liverpool but would arrange to breakfast elsewhere.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I can't believe how little we paid for this bang in the centre hotel in Liverpool. £60 a night with breakfast on a special winter deal. We did have to change bedrooms once as they put us in a room with a noisy fan outside (Liverpool or Everton? I don't know. ;) ) I think management should avoid this room at all costs in future as even if someone has paid a bargain price for their stay - they should at least be able to sleep. False economy to keep having to move people. Anyway the decor was lovely - the location superb and the staff all very friendly. We particularly liked our breakfast waiter - so he got a tip. Do try all the wonderful and free art galleries and museums and make sure you visit both cathedrals and catch a ferry across the Mersey. We also did an Anfields Legends tour and went around the ground with Jan Molby. Great fun.

Room Tip: say - don't put me in the one with the noisy fan!
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This boutique hotel sits just a few yards from Liverpool One shopping centre & a couple of hundred yards from the Albert Dock complex. Perfect for a sight seeing tourist. We booked a Groupon deal for just one night and were very pleased with our room. It was small but adequately proportioned, scrupulously clean & had nice touches such as a Bose Ipod dock, flat screen TV & a power shower. Bathroom was a good size and well fitted but we needed all of my 6 O Levels to work out how to get water out of the taps! We loved the decor & clean modernity of the room.
The down sides of the room (212) was no view at all & a loud intermittent noise which went on all through the night. (I think this was a boiler fan firing up & running) Apart from this little niggle we were favourably impressed. Reception was efficient & the morning staff was very friendly. We did not breakfast in Noble House but the fun and "real" greasy spoon next door to the hotel where we were treated to a real Scouse welcome.
Loved Liverpool & will be back. A great weekend venue.

Room Tip: Keep away from 212 if you are noise sensitive.