“"Tickling sticks are sadly not allowed!"”

Liverpool Cathedral
Book In Advance
More Info
US$ 30.43*
and up
Liverpool Combination Ticket: River Cruise...
Ranked #8 of 225 things to do in Liverpool
More attraction details
Owner description: The Cathedral was only completed in 1978. It was designed by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott when he was only 22 years old. It is a great space, without pillars or pews, the space is able to host huge concerts, exhibitions and fine dining on the main floor. The tower is 110m high and is the best view in the city.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love how it stands tall and proud 'dominating' our skyline! Plus find it amazing how many different accents I hear and people I strike up conversations with. It's magnificence never fails to impress me, and I walk into numerous people as I'm starring up at the celling or windows. I especially make sure I go at Christmas as they have a 'stall' of 'charity' Christmas cards - from/for different causes - which is so much easier than traipsing round trying to find your selected charity ones. I make sure I go to the/their cafe which sells HAND MADE food and cakes - last time I was in had "falafe salad" (needed a doggy bag it was such a big portion!) the 'staff' there are really friendly, both in the cafe and the cathedral itself, I was trying to work out a quote realised it was either French or Latin (having done former in school) A helpful 'member of staff' said ''been 'watching' you for 15mins wondering what you were struggling with" and he translated it for as that 'all the honour and glory of god' quote. Plus it has had many famous local people's funerals take place there. Of course the most recent Ken Dodd.

All reviews
"tower tour"
in 61 reviews
"magnificent building"
in 177 reviews
"the stained glass windows"
in 145 reviews
in 114 reviews
"donation"
in 242 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

As you walk in side and look up it is breath taking. The architecture is stunning and well worth a visit. It's around £5 to go up the tower and the veiw of Liverpool is amazing.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I love this red cathedral. Very convenient and a perfect place to hide from the rain. But it offers much much more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm so happy to see this cathedral, amazing building, deserves to be seen from every Liverpool tourist.