“Good location - Modern Hotel”
Review of Novotel Liverpool

Novotel Liverpool
Ranked #33 of 99 Hotels in Liverpool
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights whilst attending the Usher concert,

The location is central, about 10 minutes walk from Liverpool One \ Local nightlife, and approx 10-15 minutes walk from the Train station.

Facilities within the hotel are very good, the pool although small is very well looked after and a nice temperature, The gym is basic but has the weights that you need for a good tone up session

The only down part was that the fire alarm went off at 3:30am one morning but that was more down to drunken guests then any Hotel error,

Overall would recommend and stay again

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Ryan Y

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconvenience of the fire alarm going off but I am glad to hear it was a false alarm. We hope to welcome you back again to Novotel Liverpool Centre. Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night whilst visiting the docks and Anfield Stadium. It is a perfect location, just a 10 minute walk to the docks and a 15 minutes drive to the football stadium. There was a slight problem on check-in, but the receptionist was very pleasant and rectified the problem for us. We were eventually allocated out 2 interconnecting rooms, which were spacious, clean and ideal for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. My children used the swimming pool (it was too cold for me!!), and there is also a small gym. We ate at a lovely French bistro down the road, on our return back to the hotel, my husband and I would have liked a nice floater liquor coffee to finish off our evening, however not one of the bar/ restaurant staff knew how to make one? This was a little disappointing, so we made do with an instant coffee in our room (loss of income for the hotel!). Breakfast was fine (although I believe the bacon was pre-cooked and re-heated - not so good!!), and the mushrooms, beans and scrambled egg were all just luke warm. I would probably go with the cold buffet option next time which looked lovely. We would definately stay at The Novotel Liverpool again for a short stay. One final point, you park your car in the public car park very close by (safe car park), obtain a discount voucher from the reception, the cost is then £9.50 for 24hrs. Hope we can have our 'floater coffees' next time we visit!!!

Room Tip: Their interconnecting rooms are perfect for families, look for their special family offers also, gre...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Helen S

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed Liverpool and all it has to offer. I am sorry there was some confusion with your reservation but I am pleased to hear it was solved at your satisfaction. With regards to the floater coffee I have to be honest to tell you I also never heard of it but when I googled it, it seems that it is another word for Irish Coffee and of course we know how to make this. I am sorry that you did not get to enjoy your floater but next time just ask for an Irish Coffee and I am sure you will be served one! Our buffet breakfast is an extended hot and cold buffet breakfast which is sold as one package. We look forward to welcome you back! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

The hotel is very luxurious, we stayed in an executive suite for one night and found the experience wonderful. It is located next door to the Liverpool One so everything is within easy walking distance. The staff were helpful and pleasant and the room was very clean and spacious with a very large comfy bed and double shower. At £220 a night it is maybe a little expensive and i would have liked the car park to be free but i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Alex S

Thank you so much for your review and your kind words! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back again soon! Kind regards,
Maurice Abel, General Manager.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed in Novotel in July,and were pleased with the location as it was ideal for shopping and sight seeing. The swimming pool and gym, were on the small side,and felt cramped When we bought drinks at the bar we had to question the price.The actual price was £11.50 for one measure of henessey brandy!!! So be warned of this in advance.

Dear Bernie c

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you felt that the drinks were overpriced, they are however in line with other 4 star hotels. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed with other family members at the Hotel in July 2012 and all were pleased with the Hotel. We were made welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff paticularly Martin & Bobby (?). To avoid making a decision on choice of restaurant on the first night in Liverpool we had a meal in the Hotel and were delighted with the quality - unusual in my experience for this style of Hotel. Its central location makes it the perfect place stay for either shopping or sight - seeing.

Room Tip: our room was on the 10th floor and very quite - good views of both cathederals.
1  Thank Rob B
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Rob B

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with and particularly your nice comments about the restaurant and the staff! We look forward to welcome you back again soon! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.