“Our Wonderful Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Our Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I treated my mum to a 2 night stay at this hotel and it was wonderful, right from when we checked in up until the time we left. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. We chose this hotel as we intended to go on 'The Magical Mystery Tour of The Beatles', with my name being Penny Lane, a trip to Liverpool was a must at some stage, it didnt disappoint. Everything was within walking distance of the hotel and the scenic buildings down by the Albert Docks are amazing, even better on a nice sunny day. We used the swimming pool at the hotel; it was so wonderful to unwind and have a relaxing swim after a busy day. We had dinner both evenings in the restaurant and i must say the food is out of this world. I would recommend this hotel and Liverpool to anyone. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Penny L

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the sunny weather, were able to wind down in our pool and that you enjoyed the dinner in the hotel! We hope to welcome you back again soon! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My partner and I really enjoyed our stay here, the hotel is lovely & modern and very clean! We stayed in an executive room and it was very nice, the shower room was great! We ate the breakfast buffet at the hotel and it was very tasty - especially the potato rosti's!!!!
The hotel is in a great location and the staff were really friendly =). The only tiny tiny negative i have is the temperature of the rooms, It was so hot in the bedrooms, even with the thermostat on the coolest temp! But still a fantastic hotel =) I would definatly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Travel_D0ll

Thank you so much for writing a review and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the temperature in the room which should be fixed by now. We hope to see you back again soon! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here on Saturday 3rd March 2012. I had booked a double room for my wife's birthday. The hotel is in a very convenient location, a 2 min walk into Liverpool One or the Albert Dock.

When we arrived shortly after 2pm to check in, we were greeted on reception by a young man who was very polite and friendly. We were upgraded for free to an executive room as it was my wife's birthday, so this was a very nice surprise!

I have stayed in a few hotels in Liverpool, but I've never used the Novotel brand. The hotel is very modern, clean and spacious.

Our room was very spacious and compared to the 5 star Hilton in Liverpool One (which we stayed in during November 2011), this Novotel is a far superior hotel and experience!

Despite being in town, we could not hear the traffic outside and together with the black out curtains, you really would not know at all.

The buffet breakfast was fantastic, plenty to choose from.

Unfortunately we didn't get chance to experience/visit the leisure facilities during our stay.

Overall, I thoroughly recommend this hotel and will certainly be staying here again as my number one hotel of choice in Liverpool!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Hughes_SR

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to make your wife's birthday a special occasion! Thank you so much for your kind words and I am happy to hear that our hotel will be your number one choice when staying in Liverpool! We look forward to welcome you back again soon! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed here for the second time Feb 2012 for two nights. The location is perfect - close to the docks, Liverpool One for shopping, Central Station and all different night life. We had a room on the first floor overlooking the main road - I did worry this would be noisy but didn't affect either of us sleeping. Our controller had no batteries in and when we called reception the controller was replaced within 5 minutes. Breakfast is a great selection and served till 12pm which is great. There is a pool/gym which my partner used as part of his marathon training and he said it was ample for what he needed. All in all a good stay and up to the normal good standard of the Novotel Group. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
NovotelLiverpoolGM, General Manager at Novotel Liverpool, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Flossy1984

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you got your remote control fixed quickly. We look forward to welcome you back again soon! Kind regards, Maurice Abel, General Manager.
Caernarfon
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Recently stayed on a Saturday night. Ou room was spacious and clean and was on a high floor with facing towards the albert Dock, which we had requested. Check in was swift and the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location for shopping and for the dock area. Only a five minute walk to Liverpool One where there are loads of eateries to choose from, Las Iguanas and Pesto have excellent food and service. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: High floor for a city view