“Definitely would recommend”

Cuisines: International
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Neighbourhood: Central Liverpool
Reviewed 7 April 2018

At the foot of the Cathedral steps, and convenient for a before or after visit to the Cathedral, the Piazza Cafe Bar has an excellent menu ranging through from breakfast, brunch and afternoon tea. The help yourself salad bar is particularly temping, and for the visiter who wishes to sample some of Liverpool's traditional favourites there is Scouse or a chip butty.
Prices are very reasonable and staff are helpful and friendly.

1  Thank 2mercury

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We came here after Easter mass at the Cathedral for a coffee, but after seeing the delicious looking food in the display window, we ended up ordering lunch. I had the cottage pie with a side of beets & red cabbage, and a chai latte. Both delicious with good quality mince meat. My husband and daughter got the cheesecake, and both loved it. Service is friendly and bustling.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Whilst roaming around and visiting this beautiful city I stumbled upon this place. Really big cafe bar, lots of drinks to choose from and, although I did not try anything to eat, the cakes and buns on display looked amazing and watching other people's brekafasts coming out, well, you get more than what you pay for! Not expensive, friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere. Inside and outside tables and even better when you're drinking outside and the cathedral bells are chiming!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The thing is, we really adored our sausage flaguette and our bacon flaguette. How they made such humble food so delicious I'm not sure but golly. The flaguettes had such a great texture!

What is a flaguette? Well, we wondered that too. So we asked. We were met with *blank face* "It's a roll". Okay well thank you why is it not called a roll then? We wondered what the two cheeses were on the cheese on toast. *blankest of faces* "Just two cheeses." Well. That clears that up.

This is a great space, great food, good prices and we want to support the Cathedral. So why not be helpful when people ask questions? Is it really so painful? I won't buy cheese on toast if it's blue cheese. That's why I asked. I guess I bought something anyway so perhaps management aren't fussed. But just baffling as everything else was spot on. I do try to remember that everyone has struggles we know nothing about and maybe the member of staff concerned just couldn't deal with tourist questions that day.

So would recommend. And a flaguette? It's a round roll-type object but with a hint of the ciabatta to it. Tasty. Would order again.

Carl A, General Manager at Piazza Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Hello ,
May I firstly apologise for the poor attitude of my staff member . I will speak to all staff on my Thursday rota , an investigate the poor response, I also will take on board More detail is required regarding our duo of cheeses . which is red leicester and mature cheddar , as i agree , also disliking Blue Cheese . I will add this to our black boards . The Flaguette I sourced nationwide as a large bap , which we flash bake quickly , to compliment our breakfast choices . Once again thank you for your compliments and feed back .

Regards Carl

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

What a location at the bottom of the steps leading up to Paddy’s Wigwam, with a guaranteed captive audience. Doesn’t make the most of it however.
Limited menu, tired looking salad bar, quite average food, all at an above average price. Service more than a bit chaotic - wouldn’t like to be there if it was crowded.

2  Thank Isaac B