“Appalling”

CookHouse Pub & Carvery
Ranked #412 of 1,948 Restaurants in Liverpool
Description: CookHouse, a newly refurbished family-friendly pub and carvery, with a stylish and contemporary feel, opens in Halewood in March 2018. Located on the junction of Mackets Lane / Lydiate Lane, CookHouse has something for everyone, with breakfast served from 9am, lunch service from 11.30am, and the carvery opening from midday, there’s plenty of options available until food service finishes at 10pm. Whether ordering a fresh chicken from the rotisserie, or from our traditional pub menu, you’ll be guaranteed consistently excellent food, always served with a smile. For those looking for that “something,” extra, the outside play area is sure to be a hit with the kids, and likewise the large beer garden will be a hit with the mums and dads! With live music for the adults every Friday night, a regular quiz night every Thursday, and regular events and promotions for all generations of the family, CookHouse aims to be a valuable addition to the local community.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Took my mum for a meal here. I ordered fish and chip with mushy peas. Our meals arrived mine with no peas. I sent it back and when my meal was returned to me there was a dollop if COLD mushy peas on top of my fish. I returned it again and then waited 10 minutes before I had to speak to the waitress and ask where my meal was. My meal then came back and my fish was soggy. The waitress came to ask if everything was ok with our meal to which I replied No to which the waitress just shrugged. As I left I spoke with the manager with regards to my experience he just looked at me with a blank expression and I got a mumbled apology. Needless to say I will not be returning and I will certainly NOT be recommending this place to anyone.

1  Thank adelaide1970
Colin S, Manager at CookHouse Pub & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Hi, sorry for a late response. We take all criticism into consideration and appreciate customer feedback in order for us to improve. On behalf of the team I apologize for your experience as this is not the quality of service we aim to produce. To ensure we develop in the right direction I would like to hear in more detail of the issues you had, if you could email me at comedycentral@blackwaterbars.co.uk. This way we can discuss further and hopefully result in you returning to dine with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Visited the cookhouse and must say i was very impressed. The service was great and what they have done to the historic building is amazing. The food matched the quality of the place, will definielty be back.

1  Thank RobH3532
Colin S, Owner at CookHouse Pub & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Rob,
Thankyou for taking the time and sharing your thoughts. We are happy to hear we impressed you with our food and service. We aim to grow as a business to create a successful establishment to be enjoyed by everyone. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have visited 4 times now and decided to leave a review following today’s visit. It seems getting a drink at the bar can sometimes be a lengthy struggle depending on how busy it is. Food took a while the first couple of times but that seems to be improving. My fries today were almost cold whilst my friends were hot?! However they were quickly replaced when I asked. My friend said his steak sandwich was on the cool side though. I told him to send it back but he just left half in the end. Other meals I have ate have all been lovely though I might add.

Booking system seems a bit obscure. Online you can’t book for parties under 8 yet we noticed quite a few tables for 4 were reserved on Sunday. Asked how this was possible to be told they had been booked in advance before the policy changed to parties of 8+. Yet when bookings for smaller parties were accepted when you first opened we could only book 24 hours in advance?!

One other thing I noticed today was the nappy bin in baby changing full to the brim at 1pm so it had not been emptied from the day before. Also the friend I dined with on Sunday said he witnessed a young member of staff use the men’s toilet and leave without washing his hands before then entering the kitchen which doesn’t look too good.

The place itself looks great and in summer would be lovely. Hopefully once staff are a bit more experienced things will come a little more naturally.

2  Thank hjm123

Thankyou for taking the time and sharing with us your thoughts. As we have recently opened we are always looking to improve our service and your feedback helps us develop into the successful establishment we aim to be. Sorry to hear your experience was not up to standard , and I apologies on behalf of the team.
With our booking system , if you want to book for 8 or more you can do online or by calling the reservations team. We feel this way the journey from the door to table is more efficient and there is less waiting around for smaller parties.
We hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit , thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Went with my extended family and must say the meals where very good the service was excellent definitely call back again

1  Thank Raymond Carl S

Thank you for a 5 star review! Glad to hear you had a good time with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for taking the time and sharing your thoughts it is much appreciated.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food and excellent service from all staff but especially the lovely Hannah and a young gentleman called Brett! Thanks to Kev and Andrew too. Will definitely be returning. Well done guys.

1  Thank Lisa K

Hi Lisa, thankyou for a 5 star review! We are glad to hear we exceeded expectations and your kind words will be passed onto the team members mentioned. Hope to see you again soon.