“Haven't laughed that much in ages”
Review of Tiny Rick's Cafe

Tiny Rick's Cafe
Ranked #645 of 1,881 Restaurants in Liverpool
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Description: Tiny Rick's Cafe is the worlds first and only Cereal & Board Game Cafe. Creating a retro 80's/90's saturday morning breakfast feel we specialise in creating an experience like no other. With a menu of fun cereal cocktail desserts, cereals from around the world, hot drinks and over 350+ board games its the perfect place to relax for an hour or the entire day.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Tiny Rick's yesterday for the first time and I'll definitely be going back!

400 board games of every style, want a strategy game - they've got it. Want pop up pirate, jenga and other family faves-they've got it. Fancy playing cards against-they've got that too! They've got all the games you could ever want and the folks who run it helped us pick out some amazing two player games and taught us how to play several!

They've got so many cereal options (some of the stuff isn't even sold anymore, we're talking rare cereals here!) , and you can have cocktails of different ones together so we just munched our way through some cereal while we played! Didn't realise what an amazing combo cereal and board games are!!

Honestly couldn't recommend this place enough, great vibes, loads of board games and the folks who run it are just super sweet! They're there to help you learn to play, make recommendations and are just two really cool people!

Good for anyone, families, kids, friends, couples!!

tinyricks, Owner at Tiny Rick's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thanks for such a lovey review Erin!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a wonderful place, bright, colourful, warm and welcoming! Unreal array of games to play no matter your age or ability, including an original Pac-Man arcade game, and the choice of cereals is just too much to handle, I went for the XL bowl of course with a choice of 4 yes 4 different cereals ranging from run of the mill Kellogg’s to all of your lesser heard of American delights (I thoroughly recommend the tiny toast) served with milk of your choice (banana obviously) followed by a selection of the most random pop tart flavours you ever did see, all washed down with a lucky charms latte . I may end up needing dentures due to all the sugar but who cares, you only live once and whilst the sugar tax doesn’t effect cereal yet (I don’t think, well not the American ones at least) I’d say make the most of it and head down here for some good old nostalgic fun!!

tinyricks, Owner at Tiny Rick's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded today

Haha hooray for sugar! And we love people who go for the XL's! We'll be seeing you again soon I'm sure. Thanks so much!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The people here are very generous, kind, helpful and genuinely care about you having the best possible experience here.
The menu and decor are very creative and the café is full of fun and interesting ideas like hiring a cuddly plush friend to come sit with you if you are alone!

Again, the staff are exceptionally kind and know their stuff. My girlfriend and our friends came in without much idea about what to pick, some preferring 'Dixit' and myself suggesting 'Betrayal at House on the Hill', but immediately upon asking us he knew exactly the right mix of genre we didn't even know we were looking for.
A good mash of 'Cluedo' and 'Dixit', we spent a good time getting stuck into 'Mysterium' before deciding to stay for another game.

Board games can be very expensive in today's market, so the value for staying here and playing is great! (£5 maximum charge for trying out one game as opposed to buying it for around £50 at somewhere like Forbidden Planet)

If you're ever in there, and aren't too diabetic, I do recommend the Karate Krave. I mean, who wouldn't want to try eating cereal with chopsticks?! Hella yeah!

tinyricks, Owner at Tiny Rick's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thanks so much for your lovely review Jack! We're so glad you enjoyed your visit! I'm sure we can recommend you some more wonderful games next time!

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I visited with my friends and found this place to be amazing . Deco is retro 80s loved the video tapes !!
Cool place to play games and eat amazingly different cereal concoctions or simply marmalade on toast !!
Wish this place well as staff couldn’t do enough for us . Very friendly

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a nice review! Come back again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Wanna go back in time? Re- live the 80’s? Be a kid again? Then this is the place for you. Essentially it’s a cereal cafe where you mainly eat ....cereal, BUT it’s been done so cool and funky, all 80’s memorabilia and menus inside old annuals and stacks of board games to hire and play and a great vibe. Not to forget amazing concoctions of cereal cocktails! Cereal not your thang? Then there’s pop tarts or toast and the most amazing hot chocolate!
Great for breakfast- or an unusual tea, and a perfect way to while away an hour of so with the family or friends. Will definitely re- visit.
Only downside is at home I have had to. It a whole cereal selection so my son can recreate the experience!! Oh and they also have soya milk and I believe GF cereal too!

tinyricks, Owner at Tiny Rick's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Thanks so much for your visit we're so glad you and your son had such a great experience!