“Great British food.”

Price range: US$ 51 - US$ 51
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

If you like meat, you'll like this place. I do, and I did. The menu reads like a butchers shop window with all manner of meaty treats on offer: game, rabbit, steaks, terrines and pates, black pudding and kidney to name a few.

My wife's a veggie though, but loves a pie. She had the cheese and broccoli pie and thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you want to find out how hearty and delicous British food can be, eat here.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place serves one of the best meat pies I have eaten in my life. The variety of pies available amazes me. It offers two types, a fully closed pie or open top pie with crusty pastry covering, I would recommend the latter because it’s special. Service is excellent too, as they are very relaxed and accommodating. Certainly worth trying while you are in Lincoln.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I eat out all the time & can't believe I have never been here before. Some might say it's because I am too lazy to climb Steep Hill.

A friend chose this as my birthday treat, they had been previously, and we got a table in "the cellar" at 7pm on a Sat night.

We were a bit ambitious & thought we could do 3 courses. We had the haslet & mushroom pate starters then a rabbit pie & a lamb & redcurrant one. This about finished us off but we shared a dessert & almost got through it.

Food was delicious, piping hot, great service. Really friendly, helpful & attentive waitress.

The tables are packed fairly closely together but we were lucky enough to have some nice chatty people around us & so we got talking about menu choices etc. Some people might not like this but we enjoyed it.

Fairly quick turnaround on the tables, I assume they tell you they need it back by a certain time, but we were lucky this didn't happen to is & so we enjoyed a leisurely meal, ate way too much, but loved it all.

Definitely be back - great place & it wasn't that expensive either.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Been to Browns Pie shop on Steep Hill Lincoln many times...i just love the lamb pie...please try this place its quaint especially downstairs..food is soooo tasty...not that much seating so its handy to try ro reserve a table before you go...Enjoy.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Was taken here as a surprise, walked into this place and lived how intimate it was, service was great and food wow! Amazing pies and loads of filling, was such a beautiful meal and would highly recommend if visiting Lincoln